New Butler/Chandler Tube Drivers

dealer

• Members

I had an original, four-knob, internal transformer, 3-prong AC cord model back in the day. The same ones which are fetching big bucks on Flea Bay today.

I foolishly sold it back in '99 or so (blame the ex-wife).

The new one is just as good, if not better than the original. No buyer's remorse here. Fantastic pedal!

Just my $0.02

• Members

I have one of the new ones that I got last month from BK. I didn't know what to expect and to be honest, I didn't expect much but it has become such an integral part of my board now. It sounds great at high gain but I prefer to run the gain low and stack other OD's before and after it. It is worth every penny of the $299 and then some. I didn't go for the EJ bias option but might send it in for it now that I love it so much.

Here it is on my board. :D

aprilboard.JPG

• Members

I can't compare but I can say that it is not noisy at all at the low to medium gain settings. At the max gain settings, there is your standard noise of a high gain pedal but it is not obtrusive at all.

• Members

Originally posted by Arjae

I can't compare but I can say that it is not noisy at all at the low to medium gain settings. At the max gain settings, there is your standard noise of a high gain pedal but it is not obtrusive at all.

Ditto for me. I would describe mine the same way.

• Members

Originally posted by endo23

Arj--

Where'd you get the Emerald-lookin' Keeley?

Sweeeeet.

Thanks man! If you click on the custom colors link on Keeley's site (towards the bottom of the pic icon links on the right) you will see all the custom colors he used to make them in. I got that one back in the day man. It was right after I started lurking on this board. It was back when Keeley Electronics was just RK and like one other dude! It is a really cool compressor and the color is really nice. Transparent two knob. I actually prefer it to the three knobber I have with the Arlon Prince paint.

Archived