Check out my Little Pedalboard...

came2play

• Members

I'm trying to simplify my pedalboard & I think this about did it. I ditched the following:

Chorus/Flange

Compressor

Delay

Volume Pedal

I'm going to use a Rocktron Xpression to handle all that other stuff. Iwill also use a midi controller next to my little board.

Look closely and you'll see my adaptaton of the bicycle chain link achor idea. Since bike chain lins are metal, they might marr my pedals, so I actually bought some large cable ties, cut them to fit, and used my Dremmel to drill holes for the screws. It works really well. I'm done with depending on velcro to hold my pedals on the board.

IMG_0347.jpg

IMG_0348.jpg

IMG_0349.jpg

• Members

I like how simple it is the actual board is, but for some weird reason I am a little wary about digital multi-effects. It is strange because I have no problem with my DD-20, in fact I love it, but a rack multi-fx would kick my butt I think.
I am curious, what do you use the AC booster and OCD for? Do you not like the Mesa's distortion?

• Members

I like the Lone Star's drive but the OCD and the AC Booster can really kick it over the top which is cool.
I originally replaced my Jeckyll & Hyde with the OCD which I really, really like. Then I read a thread by a guy who's using 2 OCD's - one as a clean boost and one for distortion. I adjusted the OCD to check the clean boost possibilities and sure enough, it sounds great.

And the AC Booster...I've been looking at these for a long time and really liked how their demos sounded. Alot of guys were using the Xotic RC Booster in front of the AC Booster, and since I already had the OCD, I figured I would try it with the AC Booster.

It sounds fantastic with them together, and they sound great but different apart. The AC's distortion is a bit different but equally as nice as the OCD's.

• Members

Looks sharp, nice job. Tell us more about the cable ties, do you have close-up pictures? I have used small rubber washers for in between the bikechain link and my petals to protect against scratching. I am currently rebuilding things (including a new board) and will post pics when I am finished.

• Members

I just went kind-of McGyver with it. I wanted to get the board together but it was too late to get to a bike shop, so I just tried to figure out what I couls adapt to do the trick. The cable tie material is ultra strong and could be bent at 45 degree angles without compromising its strength. I eyeballed the length I'd need and cut off that piece with scissors. Then I would drill the first hole & attach the piece to the pedal. Next I made the bend in the material at the same level as the bottom of the pedal, then drilled the second hole for attachment to the board. Finally, I trimmed any excess off, & screwed it to the board. Notice that the surface of my pedalboard could slightly resemble your grandmother's pubes.

Here are some close-ups:
IMG_0354.jpg

IMG_0353.jpg

IMG_0352.jpg

IMG_0351.jpg

IMG_0350.jpg

• Members

Originally posted by came2play

I just went kind-of McGyver with it. I wanted to get the board together but it was too late to get to a bike shop, so I just tried to figure out what I couls adapt to do the trick. The cable tie material is ultra strong and could be bent at 45 degree angles without compromising its strength. I eyeballed the length I'd need and cut off that piece with scissors. Then I would drill the first hole & attach the piece to the pedal. Next I made the bend in the material at the same level as the bottom of the pedal, then drilled the second hole for attachment to the board. Finally, I trimmed any excess off, & screwed it to the board.

Looks good, nice idea. Thanks for the pics.

Archived