So im now owner of a dickhead-guitar

ollenorin

• Members

the Giant Trade ended me up with this:

starcaster1.jpg

starcaster3.jpg

starcaster2.jpg

starcaster4.jpg

Fender Starcaster -76. Absolute mint condition, unplayed with original hardcase, tags, manual etc...Its like ive just bought a Timemachine and went back to a guitarstore in 1976 and bought it...it is BRAND NEW !

Me Love the Wide Range Humbuckers.

:love::eek::cool::love:

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Originally posted by fernmeister

allow me to say...

WOW!!!

if you ever sell that thing, please email me.

i just plugged it in...oh man OH MAN !!!

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO !!!!

The only place where you can see that its 30 years old are the strap-knobs and the pickupswitch....those have rusted a bit.

Cool score! :cool: Of course, you're now on record publically as saying it's been played (by you), thus dropping the vintage value significantly... ;)

Seriously, so cool for you - not really my cup of tea, but they are rare. Is it going to be a player or a collectable piece?

• Members

Originally posted by Phil O'Keefe

Cool score!
:cool:
Of course, you're now on record publically as saying it's been played (by you), thus dropping the vintage value significantly...
;)

Seriously, so cool for you - not really my cup of tea, but they are rare. Is it going to be a player or a collectable piece?

i will play it of course.. :) but also be quite careful with it...i have 2 kids at home that could easily try to destroy it if they had the chance.

• Members

You have to tell us how much that cost, or what you traded to get it. I've wanted a Starcaster for so long. Actually I've considered what it would be like to have the Fender Custom Shop make you a modern, improved Starcaster...

• Members

Originally posted by GuyaGuy

omg!

wtf?!

where the hell did you get that?

since you know the 1976 time machine guitar store can you get me one too?

what are the 5 knobs btw?

a guy that ive sold stuff to before called me yesterday and said he had this guitar and wanted to see if im interested before he put it up for sale. Of course i said yes. :) So we dealt back and forth.....i ended up spending 1100 usd + hiwatt 2x12 cab, strobostomp and zvex Fuzz factory. He works as a guitartech for some bands and are often out on tour and i think he bought it cheap from an old dude who didnt know what he had. Anyway i think i made a great deal. :)

• Members

Originally posted by gregovertone

shit thats a looker.....

nice work
:)
now you can play death cab covers.

you made the right move-- -i'm never opposed to the sale of newer issue gear to appropriate a vintage piece.

thats what i thought....i can easily buy that new stuff again.....im gonna bite the sour grass if i didnt get this guitar now that i had the chance.

• Members

Originally posted by (((echo)))

that's around $2200 so about $1k less than they've been going for lately.. great score!

i bought the hiwatt for 400, strobo for 180 and fuzz factory for 215 so i have spent total of 1895 USD on it....

The Starcaster i have though is as mint as possible. It looks like it was made last week.

• Members

Originally posted by ollenorin

i bought the hiwatt for 400, strobo for 180 and fuzz factory for 215 so i have spent total of 1895 USD on it....

The Starcaster i have though is as mint as possible. It looks like it was made last week.

well yeah.. i was going on normal prices, not insane olle deals. that guitar does look absolutely mint.. you're luck is rifuckingdiculous man :freak:

Archived