Jesus Christ - What a Week!

• Members
Originally posted by 1DZReverendDavidLee

Not rude at all Brother -Dad is beginning the phases of either dementia or worse -alzheimers and his short term memory is horrible. He'll call me after I've just been over to visit him and wonder why I never come to see him.... the problem here is that because of all of his medical problems -his ability to think -is greatly impaired.

He has a wife - who is incredibly stupid - but at least was smart enough to throw a blanket over his head once he caught fire to extinquish the flames and then call 911.

Sigh...... they say we become our fathers when we get older...gee, I can't wait...
:(

Thanks to everyone for your comments and concerns -I'll be fine. Finally got a good nights sleep and now I must go play with my toys
:D

If you are to become your Dad in the future, I am sending you no more toys BUT flame proof blankets!
:D :D :D
Sorry! You have to laugh right? The alternative is too dreadful!
We all have this to look forward to!
Can't tell you how many phone calls I have with my Dad about subjects we talked about the day before.
:( :( :(

• Members
Originally posted by sheepshears

damn, i dont want to be rude, but, what the hell was your dad thinking? he needs mechanical assistance to breath? and he's lighting up a cigarette?

i hope he learned a lesson.
:(

What lesson? When you know you're dying in a very unpleasant way, you shouldn't try to enjoy yourself as much as possible...put one or two smiles on your face?

Something tells me, a fag (one that doesn't start a fire) now isn't going to make any difference except relieve some pain and boredom.

I wished my mother had smoked a joint or two while she was on her death bed.

• Members

Screw the thieves at work and hope they get what's coming to them. It is incredibly difficult to watch parents suffering when you cna't help them. Sorry to hear about your dad. I'm sure that things will work out with the band. I think bands are basically unstable structures so when they occasionally disintegrate it is undestandable.

Hang in there: mow, sleep, and then rock!

Now, I wish I could be a philosophical about my {censored}ty week . . .

• Members

Rev, I'm sorry to hear about these last few days.
Things will get better.

Your father: I wish only the best for him. I'm sure he's being
well-cared for, but I know these are tough times. My dad
had Parkinsonism, which in the final months, shares much w/Alz.

Your bad: At least these things can heal and become better
than before. It's good that you got to the root of the problem.

Originally posted by derek_32999

Rev, you MUST remove ALL vasoline based chapstick from his house. I had a patient one time that lit up while on Oxygen after applying a nice coat of vasoline chapstick...

While a bit graphic, derek's warning is valid, and goes for any
hydrocarbon based product that might go on his face. In a similar
manner, all welders know you dont put grease on the
oxygen tank fitting unless you want an explosion.
Face creams, lipstick/makeup (for women) and that sort of
stuff are taboo when O2 is involved.
... a better tactic may be to remove all matches/lighters.

Take care

Archived