Jesus Christ - What a Week!

• Members

One week ago today they found out the top 3 people at our company had embezelled millions of dollars - they'been fired and charges are forthcoming...

Then my poor old dad -who's on oxygen at home and spends his days in a hospital bed the VA gave him - goes and lights up a cigarette -and sets his face on fire..he has second degree burns on his lips, nose and cheeks...he's already got congestive heart failure, emphysema, copd, rheumatoid arthritis and arterial disease -and now this...

Then our drummer quit - because he couldn't stand our obnoxious other guitarist after the past 3 weekend's gigs - and since this was the "second chance" we had given our guitar player about his behavior - I fired him..

I'm glad the band is grounded for awhile - I need some sleep :cool:

...and you all thought that we just sat around and watched the corn grow here.. :D

Hope you all had a much better week than I did.

I heard from Bob McBroom Wednesday and said my Blues for Bobbie pedals were shipping that day. I have waited with great anticipation for these for about 7 months. I can't wait to hear what he's done with these.

Lastly - Phil advises my Effectrode Tube Vibe shipped today -so it should be a great weekend to have off band business and time to play with my toys. :thu:

Rock on,

Rev :cool:

• Members

Originally posted by LoneStarGuitar

wow.

hardcore week indeed.

Jeff, any good finds at and of the Dallas stores lately??

im hitting all the GC's up, Larry Morgan and maybe Charlies

There's the 70's RI Strat I bought and sold today.

The Germino is still at the Dallas GC. I played it today; it's doing very well, thank you.

I was at LM's last weekend and picked up the EH Small Stone. You should see the green Strat they have there. It's a beauty and only $3700! Ok, not a great price but it's really pretty.

Charlies had a very cool-looking Roccaforte 30-watt head.

• Members
Originally posted by TheAtomicJeff

Sounds rough. Hang in there, Rev.

Thank Bro - I'm okay - just exhausted. We already have a list of other drummers and guitarists who want to jump in -hell we've been on the road for 6 years now -everyone around here knows us and knows when we start booking -we book out months in advance. We didn't do that this time until we were sure the new guy fit in and got along with everyone..Thank God we had told our agent we all needed April off - to take care of all the personal business you put off when you're working a 40 hour a week job AND rockin the weekends with the band... (hell -I'm looking forward to mowing the yard :D) so the timing was good for that to happen if it was going to happen.

We've had the hardest time replacing my brother Bob - maybe he's trying to tell us that no one can replace him...and you know - that's true.

Night all :cool:

• Members
Originally posted by 1DZReverendDavidLee

We've had the hardest time replacing my brother Bob - maybe he's trying to tell us that no one can replace him...and you know - that's true.

Night all
:cool:

Replace? Never. Fill in? Yes. At least you have some prospects. You're lucky you have a good enough rep to recruit some subs. :thu:

• Members

It sucks when band situations don't work out, but it should be nice to get some rest. I had a long two weeks, too. I have been working 12 hour shifts and my wife has been away on a business trip. It has been like one two week long day. I don't really remember sleeping much because I had to stay up to watch poker and UFC fights and writing songs.:D My wife comes back tomorrow. I can't wait to see her sweet ass.

• Members

One week ago today they found out the top 3 people at our company had embezelled millions of dollars - they'been fired and charges are forthcoming...

Then my poor old dad -who's on oxygen at home and spends his days in a hospital bed the VA gave him - goes and lights up a cigarette -and sets his face on fire..he has second degree burns on his lips, nose and cheeks...he's already got congestive heart failure, emphysema, copd, rheumatoid arthritis and arterial disease -and now this...

Then our drummer quit - because he couldn't stand our obnoxious other guitarist after the past 3 weekend's gigs - and since this was the "second chance" we had given our guitar player about his behavior - I fired him..

I'm glad the band is grounded for awhile - I need some sleep

...and you all thought that we just sat around and watched the corn grow here..
:D

I heard from Bob McBroom Wednesday and said my Blues for Bobbie pedals were shipping that day. I have waited with great anticipation for these for about 7 months. I can't wait to hear what he's done with these.

Lastly - Phil advises my Effectrode Tube Vibe shipped today -so it should be a great weekend to have off band business and time to play with my toys.
:thu:

Rock on,

Rev

'kin hell!
Sorry to hear all that!
Hang in there and I will send you a picture of a new toy tomorrow/today!
World Cup soon!
:wave: :wave:

• Members

Sounds like a dud week Rev.

Just curious...how could the top three at your company be fired...by who? And if they embezelled millions, is there even a company left to work at?:confused:

Sounds like your dad had an even crappier week. May be you should get him one of those Turkish smoking pot thingimys (you know, the ones with the long tube), so there aren't any naked flames...or may be extra long Cubans.:idea:

• Members

I'm glad the band is grounded for awhile - I need some sleep

Lastly - Phil advises my Effectrode Tube Vibe shipped today -so it should be a great weekend to have off band business and time to play with my toys.
:thu:

Rock on,

Rev

Hand tough..As you know.One door closes-another door opens..Take care,Keith

• Members
Originally posted by sheepshears

damn, i dont want to be rude, but, what the hell was your dad thinking? he needs mechanical assistance to breath? and he's lighting up a cigarette?

i hope he learned a lesson.
:(

Not rude at all Brother -Dad is beginning the phases of either dementia or worse -alzheimers and his short term memory is horrible. He'll call me after I've just been over to visit him and wonder why I never come to see him.... the problem here is that because of all of his medical problems -his ability to think -is greatly impaired.

He has a wife - who is incredibly stupid - but at least was smart enough to throw a blanket over his head once he caught fire to extinquish the flames and then call 911.

Sigh...... they say we become our fathers when we get older...gee, I can't wait... :(

Thanks to everyone for your comments and concerns -I'll be fine. Finally got a good nights sleep and now I must go play with my toys :D

• Members

Damn, Rev! You need to move to NYC, where it's nice and quiet...

Hope your Dad's alright. Sounds like he's a tough one, a fighter. We just spent a week with my father in law in the hospital - alternating episodes of depression and delirium. It's humbling and frightening what happens to us when we age... Your dad is lucky to have you around to help.

Keep on, Brother!

• Members

Not been a great week here either. My Uncle committed suicide Thursday.

He was the pro-typical tortured artist. He would have moments of real joy in his life, and a lot of real dark times. I would be lieing if in the back of my mind I didn't think this would happen, someday.
Well, it finally did......

I am trying to understand it. I go thru phases where I do, and phases where I don't. I don't know if I'm sad or angry.

Archived