super hard on

Guest Anonymous

• Members

no, because it's not really an overdrive in the way we tend to think of them - it's an amazingly good booster that can push fantastic overdrive out of your amp, as well as adding extra clarity and punch to your cleaner sounds. I have two overdrive channels plus two SHO channels on my board as they are complimentary rather than competing. Wonderful pedal.

• Members

Originally posted by ilovesharinfoo

It depends on the amp. Mine REALLY likes my old Orange. I like it alot because you just get more of what you have without any pedals, just more crisp and focused.

Justin.

Good point

mine works great with my marshall and not so good with others

• Members

It's really cool to try using a SHO in combination with other effects...how it relates to other pedals.. Like I found it sounds incredible right in front of a Teese Wizard wah...makes the wah sound huge...Sounds great after a phaser ...makes the phase deeper and bigger

It basically takes what you already have and makes it bigger...So if you've got a strat that sounds good but isn't quite hot enough for leads...Bam...Turn on an SHO and it's over the top... IF you've got a clean channel that sounds nice but needs some sparkle...Bam SHO to the rescue

You can also use it as a buffer...depending on your rig...you may never want to turn it off

Must-have pedal...plus it has a tuner out which is very useful

• Members
Originally posted by gold_soundz

No, but it adds a nice sparkle to cleans and clarity to distortion. My most essential yet least dramatic pedal. As ilovesharinfoo said, it makes you get more out of your straight up guitar sound.

Like these guys have said, the SHO just makes evrything sound better. Great pedal. :thu:

• Members
Originally posted by PFDarkside

How about the SHO vs. the Super Duper 2-in-1? Can you use the 2-in-1 like a SHO as well as a distortion or is it really a different beast than just a clean boost?

Easier than typing a reponse...

:)

• Members
Originally posted by pjc

Easier than typing a reponse...

:)

Awesome.

This is going to sound stupid, but can it really damage an amp? The only pedal I have that has the capability to really drive an amp is the FF, and I always leave the volume below 9 o'clock. Granted I like the idea of a super high input impedance buffer more than an insane boost, but regardless....

• Members

Originally posted by PFDarkside

How about the SHO vs. the Super Duper 2-in-1? Can you use the 2-in-1 like a SHO as well as a distortion or is it really a different beast than just a clean boost?

Depends on your rig and how you're using it

I've got both pedals....If you want to get your amp to feedback the super duper is the way to do it...Personally, I like to use the first boost circuit in the super duper as a buffer in my pedal chain and then use the second boost as an actual lead boost. If you max out the volume and turn up both boosts then you'll get wacked out Sonic Youth/Hendrix feedback.

Archived