Fuzz Factory not good live?

• Members

elliott- sounds like you're in a gnar situation. i had to talk myself out of getting a mineral tattoo in 1997. and all those influences are def. gnar !

rad gear is def. no substitute for good collaboration w/ other musicians.

thats why i'm so psyched about what i'm doing now w/my drummer, b/c we're on the same page.

piut !

i haven't had my UF-01 for months...

i still miss it, but i had never tried a FF and was dying to see what Atari & pixelated sounds could come out of it.

i definitely prefer it to the UltraFuzz but now i can see why they're so often compared and the UF-01 is called the "poor man's FF"

i'll still pick up an ultra fuzz if i see it at a good price, i love the thing. great construction and solid tones.

its just that at the time i sold it i was in my bedroom playing with loops and freaking out b/c i wasn't making music in a band.

• Members

Originally posted by preservation

i still miss it, but i had never tried a FF and was dying to see what Atari & pixelated sounds could come out of it.

i definitely prefer it to the UltraFuzz but now i can see why they're so often compared and the UF-01 is called the "poor man's FF"

i'll still pick up an ultra fuzz if i see it at a good price, i love the thing. great construction and solid tones.

its just that at the time i sold it i was in my bedroom playing with loops and freaking out b/c i wasn't making music in a band.

How do they compare in general tone?

Which has more 'presence'?

Is FF fuzzier sounding and UF-01 more of a distortion-fuzz?

Would two of them be an overkill?

• Members

TO me the UF and FF make a great combo ..

The ff def could pull out the classic fuzz tones.. uf sounds a lil like a rat to me..

people compare em cause they could get a massive splattery fyzz(which i love best) and they both make noises.. other than those two similarities they're different beast in my eyes..

oh the ff is def more transparent than the uf .. the uf fuzz tones get stuck in the cab .. FF projects the fuzz tones into the atmosphere

• Members

yeah, the FF is more transparent that than the UF-01.

they both have plenty of 'presence' and its hard for me to imagine anyone not knowing whether either box was on or off.

i could definitely find a use for both, but honestly i'd probably use the UF-01 with my keyboard more than guitar.

i love both b/c they have a Gate control, something i wish was on every dirt box.

infinitely useful knob.

they do have plenty of differences though.

the FF *seems* to be capable of many more sounds, especially in the "WTF?" department. the torn speaker emulation is spot-on.

the UF-01 to my ears is much more of a distortion than a fuzz when next to a FF.

• Members

yeah, the FF is more transparent that than the UF-01.

they both have plenty of 'presence' and its hard for me to imagine anyone not knowing whether either box was on or off.

What do you mean by transparent?

When I said 'presence' I meant in the mix - cut through - in terms of this thread topic.

last two posts are the best UF-01/FF comparsions i ever read - exactly what I wanted to know.Thanks! :thu:

• Members

but honestly i'd probably use the UF-01 with my keyboard more than guitar.

i

Yeah ive been using my uf , for some creepy drone/synth sounds with my ps3 , with some volume swells.. oh my lawd ...

SOunds so good.. make me wanna smack my mama ..

• Members

Originally posted by Elliott Damage

I've been reading Fuzz Factory threads for like 45 minutes and some people say it doesn't cut through live. Does anyone have any suggestions or remedies for this?

If it doesn't cut through then the remedy is: THE MACHINE!

• Members

elliott- sounds like you're in a gnar situation. i had to talk myself out of getting a mineral tattoo in 1997. and all those influences are def. gnar !

rad gear is def. no substitute for good collaboration w/ other musicians.

thats why i'm so psyched about what i'm doing now w/my drummer, b/c we're on the same page.

piut !

i'm gonna order a Vexter FF next week or so when my taxes come in.

It's true though, its all about the musicians you colaborate with and the general world isn't concerned if your $500 overdrive slightly beat out your $450 overdrive that you sold last week.

Archived