What's your experience with Music123 been like?

• Members

I ordered 4 sets of strings from them and paid via paypal on 18/3. The website said they weren't in stock, but I presumed it would be about week or so to get them in, a week to get them out to me. I get a message a few days later saying that they expect them to arrive from D'addario on 2/4. Ok, a little longer than I'd hoped but no big deal. I get another message today telling me that rather than the strings being on their way to me actually they won't be coming in until the 24/4. :mad:

I realise I'm at fault here for not enquiring how long it would take to get the order in before purchasing, but come on, 5 weeks to get in a few packs of strings? It's crazy. Should I request a refund or just wait it out and simply chalk it down to experience and avoid them in the future? Their messages keep saying 'don't worry, we won't charge your credit card until the stock arrives', notwithstanding the fact they they've had my money for 3 weeks now.

• Members

Originally posted by FLYING V 83

Their computer froze trying to figure out how you paid them on the 3rd day of the 18th month.....

(sorry, couldn't resist)

only you and your useless american technology

never understood why you lot do the dates backwards, surely it makes sense to go smallest to largest (in timescale) - day-month-year rather than the muddled up us version

reading a watch seconds-hours-minutes wouldn't make and sense would it...

David

• Members

Originally posted by Narcosynthesis

only you and your useless american technology

never understood why you lot do the dates backwards, surely it makes sense to go smallest to largest (in timescale) - day-month-year rather than the muddled up us version

reading a watch seconds-hours-minutes wouldn't make and sense would it...

David

Actually, it makes us smarter, since we have to "figure it out" and are taught how from childhood. Sure it's "easier" to do it the euro way, but that takes no thought or effort. Just look at how your "easy" methods have improved your grammar skills (reading the last sentence in your post)

• Members

I've ordered stuff there...

I ran into the same issue you're experiencing too. With that, I just asked them to cancel the order. You should do the same and run over to the local music shop and pick up the sets of strings you need. Unless that ain't an option.

The waiting definitely stinks even for the "in stock" stuff :D

:jb

• Members

Well, it's an option, but 4 sets of D'Addario Chromes from my local music shop will set me back $120 (~$30 a set). The markup is crazy on strings here. They're $7.99 on Music123, so I get 4 sets for a little over the cost of one locally, plus I think shipping is free because they never charged me for it.

I'm just annoyed that it's taking 5 weeks minimum to get them in. My strings are all cruddy and I need a change now. What's worse is I could of got some immediately off ebay for the same price.

• Members
Originally posted by Seth Carmody

Well, it's an option, but 4 sets of D'Addario Chromes from my local music shop will set me back $120 (~$30 a set). The markup is crazy on strings here. They're $7.99 on Music123, so I get 4 sets for a little over the cost of one locally, plus I think shipping is free because they never charged me for it.

I'm just annoyed that it's taking 5 weeks minimum to get them in. My strings are all cruddy and I need a change now. What's worse is I could of got some immediately off ebay for the same price.

yeah, my clayton picks have been on back order since jan or feb.
(i believe since 02/01/06. or was it 01/02/06? :) )
they're waiting for 'em from clayton.
otherwise i've not had a problem.

i didn't know they did int'l ships. maybe try another seller--from ebay, musiciansfriend, sweetwater, zzounds, etc?

• Members

Seth, I use 123 a lot. and they've been fantatsic.

Strings is the major thing I use them for. But the shipping really cuts down on the savings you'llmake. So make sure you order in bulk, even get friends to put in for strings at the same time. I usually go 10 sets at least.

My last order had mandolin strings in it too and they were backordered rather than in stock. They took a while, but arrived fine and dandy.

Another time, 10 sets of Martin acoustic strings got lost in transit. They covdered them and sent me a new one. I phoned them (less expensive than I expected to call) and were SUPER helpful on the phone. I felt compelled to send an email giving the woman who helped me a good rap.

Shipping is probably 30-40US on top, no matter what you order. so make the most of it.

I don't think they can ship a lot of the pedal brands out of the states unfortunately.

• Members
Originally posted by Fourth Floor

Shipping is probably 30-40US on top, no matter what you order. so make the most of it.

Wait, am I interpreting this right - they have a $30-40 basic shipping charge to Aus, even for a few sets of strings? Please tell me you're joking. 4 sets of strings in a envelope - US$7-8 at the most.

Wow, your right. I just checked my order. Under shipping method it has 0, but in the subtotals it has shipping at $30.92, but then subtracts this amount in a 'savings' subtotal immediately after, so shipping is effectivelty 0. Is there a first order ships free kinda policy going on or are the going to rectify this error once the order arrives and they solicit UPS? :freak:

• Members

Always check the shipping price.

It's not like a basic charge but everything is always packed to the max. i.e. much larger boxes than necessary and lots of airbags around your stuff.

Still works out cheaper than buying strings in store here. And bigger range of brands too.

If you get free shipping it's a killer deal. i.e. Normal set of strings in store here = $15AU...price online $7AU x 10 sets shipping = $2-3 a set. It's still a huge saving, usually an extra $50 in my pocket at the end.

Archived