CE2 and Phase 90 or....

thebazaar

• Members

i want a chorus and simpler phaser (plus i want to save my red witches the bangs of the road)

so;

Boss CE2, or:

Jacques Meistersinger

Protone Lithium

Retro-sonic Phaser

and

Phase 90, or;

Psilsocybe

Quaser

chorus i would like thick and shimmery.

Phaser something swirly, thick and insane...just like the phase 90

My reason for asking. ive owned both the phase 90 and ce2, and loved them. But getting a CE2 and vintage phase 90 can be as costly as a nice hand-made pedal. I dont wanna spend heaps, and i'd love to pick up the originals, but if i can get "clones" for less, i will.

• Members

Do you really need chorus?
Sorry, I'm just on a crusade of late.

I'd just say, get a Phase 90 with R28 mod. Simple answer.

For cooler stuff, can't go wrong with the retrosonic or Quasar, IMO. As you point out, for the amount you're gonna drop on the two, you could have one pedal to cover those bases...In this case, I'd just drop for the Quasar. Lots of options with that, compared to most others.

• Members

I have an on-again, off-again love affair with chorus, much like i do with delay and compression. so im biting the bullet and trying to pick up some keepers.

The keeley comp i know is a keeper.
As is a phase 90, esp a cheap used pedal with the mod

But the CE2 is over-priced methinks. I mean, they are going at rates close to what CE1's are going at.
I would love an Ibanez BC9. my fave chorus outside the Medusa. Im not sure what possessed me to trade it away...stupid gear fickleness

• Members

Heh, I not sure where you're shopping mate but if they're pricing a CE-2 at anywhere near CE-1 value (AUD$300?) they shouldn't be your store any more. The Music Swop Shop often has a CE-2 in stock: website says they have one for $110, though they're often pretty slow updating sold stock so it could be gone. http://www.musicswopshop.com.au/effects.htm

There also ebay - they rarely go above $120 unless they're mint with box.

I'm in a chorus place at the moment too. Have an 18v CS-505 on the way :D

• Members

Originally posted by Fourth Floor

Do you really need chorus?

Sorry, I'm just on a crusade of late.

I'd just say, get a Phase 90 with R28 mod. Simple answer.

For cooler stuff, can't go wrong with the retrosonic or Quasar, IMO. As you point out, for the amount you're gonna drop on the two, you could have one pedal to cover those bases...In this case, I'd just drop for the Quasar. Lots of options with that, compared to most others.

so the quasar can do chrus sounds as well?

• Members
Originally posted by Seth Carmody

Heh, I not sure where you're shopping mate but if they're pricing a CE-2 at anywhere near CE-1 value (AUD$300?) they shouldn't be your store any more. The Music Swop Shop often has a CE-2 in stock: website says they have one for $110, though they're often pretty slow updating sold stock so it could be gone.
http://www.musicswopshop.com.au/effects.htm

There also ebay - they rarely go above $120 unless they're mint with box.

I'm in a chorus place at the moment too. Have an 18v CS-505 on the way
:D

did you pick that one up off ebay? i thought about it. apparently one of the nicest clean chorus'

i like chorus with dirt myself. Ive changed my mind on the ce2. im going bc9 hunting again.

Archived