Keeley AD-9, expression pedals good idea?

• Members

It sounds like the mod includes expression pedals, so it's all or nothing. It also seems like the pots are not standard expression pedal values so it's worth it for him to do the entire mod (unless you feel like calculating pot values and modifying expression pedals to work)

I'm considering this pedal also... $399 is a lot of coin though. ;)

• Members

I have the non-expression modded version of this pedal, and I don't think I could really see the use for the expression pedals. As the model I have still has a footswitch that will make the pedal self ocillate if you need it to, and its less then half the price. but again for me it is much more of a set it and forget it pedal.

• Members

Originally posted by wakefyld45

I have the non-expression modded version of this pedal, and I don't think I could really see the use for the expression pedals. As the model I have still has a footswitch that will make the pedal self ocillate if you need it to, and its less then half the price. but again for me it is much more of a set it and forget it pedal.

do you just keep it at one delay time always?

• Members

Oh, do you mean is it worth it to be able to change the delay time/repeats in real time? I thought you meant was it worth it for him to do the mod.

If all you want is to be able to go from a certain number of repeats to infinite, then maybe that mod isn't worth it, but the only way to get that stretching and warping of the repeats is to change the delay time on the fly, right? I guess it depends on what you want out of it.

Archived