Fulltone FullDrive2 good?

Chung126

• Members
Originally posted by CS

Is there any other kind?

Seriously I assumed he had one.
:o

yeah,,,anymore suggestion?
actually is it really worth for the price?
you know the list price is $200 that's in upper level.

how about comparing this with TS9, which I heard too much for this pedal

• Members

The FDII is about $180 street price new at most stores.
Not too expensive considering other similar pedals.
Can sound just like any Tube screamer (with vintage/FM/Comp cut switch) and then some. Much more tonal and gain control than most TS type pedals.
Banzai has a similar pedal but costs the same or more.
I agree it sounds better with a driving amp but the FDII also sounds good into clean amps. Have yet to find a tube amp it didn't like.
Most overdrives not manufactured by the big corps (Boss, DOD, etc...) and in the boutique park (i.e. small scale manufacturing to hand made) are priced similarly with fewer option (the FDII is good value for $ IMHO). In my expereince they sound significantly better than the mass produced stuff. Otherwise guys like Analog Mike and Keeley would not be doing so well with modifications (corrections).
Its a good pedal but there are about a 1,000,000 TS clones and overdrives out there many just as good.
Bb

• Members

I like mine. I also have a Maxon OD808, Foxrox Zimm, and SIB Varidrive. The Maxon is pretty warm but sounds nice and the Zimm has a few more interesting features. I sorta put the Zimm in a league of its own what with the exchangeable cards and variable voicings. I have the newer SIB Varidrive with the gain switch on it. That thing crosses over into distortion box territory real fast. I use it as a "gain" channel on my single channel Dr Z Maz 18.

• Members

After trying a few ODs..BD-2, TS clones like jaques tube driver, austin gold OD, direct drive..... I still wasn't getting that dirt tone I wanted out of my Deluxe reverb...

...in comes the FD2...I've got a newer blue one with the toggle switch & boost. With those two options I get a nice variety of tones...subtle crunchy rhythms and singin' leads with the boost :cool:

...I've thrown all my other ODs in the incinerator..

• Members

I think its price tag is fair. There's much more in this pedal than the average tubescreamer clone, and it really delivered with my Blues Jr., even when it was running clean.

It sounded significantly better than my silver Jeckyl and Hyde, but I haven't compared it to the red version, which I understand is a lot better than the silver version.

Definatley check out the FD-2, even if you don't like it, it would be pretty easy to sell it to someone else without losing any money.

Archived