what should i buy next? rat? screwdriver? other??

stereotypy

• Members

i need your help. i have a zendrive for very low gain stuff. and a java boost that pushes the zen really far.

i want another pedal that has good gain .. more then the zendrive and less then the zen + java. also i'd like to have a different tone color....

at the moment i am struggling between a screwdriver and another rat.

can you help me out? any ideas? other suggestions? please no tubescreamer pedals....

• Members

i never had a rat but i do have a screwdriver , it can do the early 70s rock tone perfectly ac/dc areosmith ect , im not sure if thats what your after but it does that in spades and cleans up nicely with a guitars volume. also marc from skreddy is sooo great ot work with .

• Members

+1 for the Screwdriver. I'd say you'll like it very much because it's different and has a bunch of volume on tap. It's a very grity sparkly pedal and can do those 70's rock tones great. :thu:

• Members

i'm a little afraid the screwdriver could be a little too 70's hard rock for me ... i don't play hard rock.

yes and i contacted mark about his screwdriver and he is of course one very firendly person ....

but it's lot of money so i need some more opinions. the rat is more than half the price and sounds quite good when listening to the dandy warhols or blur or graham coxon or other bands using it.

Archived