New to FX - Essential Pedals?

vangkm

• Members

Well with the KHR I don't think you will need a boost. It already got the boost function with it and plenty of gain unless you like the feel of a dirt pedal in front of a high gain amp.

Of course, no effect is essential, it is a flavor that some like to add and evryone's tastes are different.

I have a good variety of effects and the only ones I would consider essential for what I play are wah, delay (digital and analog), volume (pedal), and EQ.

I had a KHR but I traded it a few months back for a Splawn Pro Mod and couldn't be happier. The cleans on the KHR are missed but I don't miss the muddy harsh distortion. How are you liking yours and what power tubes does it have?

• Members
Originally posted by DonaldDemon

I had a KHR but I traded it a few months back for a Splawn Pro Mod and couldn't be happier. The cleans on the KHR are missed but I don't miss the muddy harsh distortion. How are you liking yours and what power tubes does it have?

I'm liking it quite a bit! Love the cleans...haven't really overdriven it too much yet, it's in my brother's house and a newborn lives there. :D Mine has the 6l6's. Thinking of the Sub Cab too...

• Members

like donald already said, there are no essential effect pedals. but for me, i like to have a wah, a ts like od as a minimum, even with a three channel amp. then a good chorus, a volume pedal. etc. but for me the quality of the effect is maybe more important than the effect itself. so rather no chorus then a crappy one.

• Members
Originally posted by vangkm

I'm liking it quite a bit! Love the cleans...haven't really overdriven it too much yet, it's in my brother's house and a newborn lives there.
:D
Mine has the 6l6's. Thinking of the Sub Cab too...

Itll be easier if you could enlighten us on the kinda music you play....

• Members
Originally posted by vangkm

I'm liking it quite a bit! Love the cleans...haven't really overdriven it too much yet, it's in my brother's house and a newborn lives there.
:D
Mine has the 6l6's. Thinking of the Sub Cab too...

I had EL34's in mine. The cleans are absolutely amazing but the distortion can be frustrating IMO. It needs to be loud to sound best and I had played with different sound potions before finally giving up after fighting with it fora year. It is something that someone will either love or hate, hopefully you will like it!

BTW, the sub sounds amazing with any amp, especially the Rivera. The bottom end is just insane. I highly recommend it if you don't mind the extra set up.

• Members
Originally posted by nosferatu123

Itll be easier if you could enlighten us on the kinda music you play....

Rock of course, what else? I'd like to experiment and get different noises too.

Originally posted by DonaldDemon

I had EL34's in mine. The cleans are absolutely amazing but the distortion can be frustrating IMO. It needs to be loud to sound best and I had played with different sound potions before finally giving up after fighting with it fora year. It is something that someone will either love or hate, hopefully you will like it!

BTW, the sub sounds amazing with any amp, especially the Rivera. The bottom end is just insane. I highly recommend it if you don't mind the extra set up.

I'm looking forward to the cab and it was one of the main reasons for purchasing the KR100, that and the insane price $719 brand new!:D

• Members

Originally posted by Woody777

Essential? Delay... but even that isn't really essential.

Get a Phaser, Delay, Chorus and Tremolo. That should keep you occupied for some time.

Phaser - Small Stone

Delay - DD-20/DL-4/Memory Man

Chorus - CE-5/Ibanez BC-9/Jacques Mestersinger/Fulltone Choralflange

Tremolo - Semaphore/Pulsar/Voodoo Lab

Archived