Is spamming not allowed in here?

• Members

My thread selling a DAM Meathead just disappeared. I'm not saying that it's bad if you don't allow spam, but it kinda seems like you ought to keep it consistent rules-wise from one section to the next, since people spam the sh*t out of the amp forum. Prevents annoyance/confusion.

• Members
Originally posted by WhiskeyBucket

My thread selling a DAM Meathead just disappeared. I'm not saying that it's bad if you don't allow spam, but it kinda seems like you ought to keep it consistent rules-wise from one section to the next, since people spam the sh*t out of the amp forum. Prevents annoyance/confusion.

:idea: Not visiting the Amp Forum = problem solved!

• Members

The way harmony central has worked out is that each section of the forums is pretty much a self contained forum, completely different regulars (though some do cross over) and styles, for example you can find a lot of more indie/alternative guys here, while the amp forum is more metal guys and so on.

so while the amp forum may be happy enough with continual spam, everyone over here decided 'no spam' between us, and want to stick to one main thread (and the bumped uk/euro one) rather than clutter everything up, so we have Phil (mainly, other mods don't seem to say hello as much) looking after us

I am not sure of what the overall rules would be for harmony central, whether they want it or not, but the rules do bend slightly as the different groups of members have their own preferences and the mods/members of the different areas look out and keep those rolling

It may seem a bit odd at first coming in and thinking of it as one big site, but for the amount of members and styles/groups, it works itself out basically as a collection of different forums grouped together

David

Archived