Inverting/Negative Sum Flangers

• Members

I've been chasing a tone for a very long time... That hollow flanging tone that is only present in negative feedback flangers. I'd really like for the width of the sweep to be controllable via expression pedal, to use as a tone filtering type of effect.

I know that the following flangers produce negative flanging, but only one or two of them have expression pedal control. If I can find something cheap'n'good, I'll mod it to do what I want, but I wanted to see if anyone knows of any negative feedback flangers that I don't.

A/DA

FoxRox TZF

Line 6 LiquaFlange

Morley PFL Pro Flange

Ibanez DFL

Any others?

• Members
Originally posted by Boron

I might well be wrong, but the Alesis Ineko has something called 'inv flange' that might be similar.

?????

Yup, that one's already on my board (don't know why I didn't mention it... :confused: ), but I've heard that they are a bitch to mod, because their knobs aren't analog potentiometers. Some sort of digital jobby that would be too much of a pain to mod to accept an expression pedal.

• Members

Originally posted by choadwarrior

Any examples of this sound? Where did you hear it originally? I'd be interested in hearing what you're talking about..

There are a couple of examples of the sound on the the TZF page over at http://www.foxroxelectronics.com/. Check them out.

I used to have a Morley Pro Flange, but I didn't like gigging with it because it was HUGE, so I traded it away, the guy I traded with stiffed me, and now I miss the sound. I'd like to find something smaller than the Morley, but if I have to buy another, so be it.

Archived