Boost/overdrive help. (The TS sound is becoming too "mushy" for me..)

kmcypress

• Members

Originally posted by derek_32999

Heres a question. What settings are you using on the FD-2? Specifically the drive and volume.

My Volume is normally between 10'o clock and 1'o clock, tone at 10'o clock, and the Overdrive is at anywhere from 9'o clock to 1'o clock depending upon the amp/guitar combo. I've heard tons of different settings because the other guitar players at church use them and I've done sound for them...normally they have the overdrive much more cranked.

• Members

I try not to talk this pedal up TOO much, as I think it is not quite as versatile as many people say it is (although it is a great pedal) it sounds like you would LOVE a timmy by paul cochrane. (only $100 shipped from paul) VERY transparent like a clean boost you can dial in some grit, and it has a VERY nice eq. Also, you can look at a menatone red snapper. It has a little something special to it. Also, a subecay liquid sunshine does exactly what you want and sometimes can be found for

Oh yeah. The ltd is supposed to be awesome too.

Don't forget the Barber/clark gainster too.

Argh there are TOO many overdrives!!!!

• Members

Originally posted by derek_32999

I try not to talk this pedal up TOO much, as I think it is not quite as versatile as many people say it is (although it is a great pedal) it sounds like you would LOVE a timmy by paul cochrane. (only $100 shipped from paul) VERY transparent like a clean boost you can dial in some grit, and it has a VERY nice eq. Also, you can look at a menatone red snapper. It has a little something special to it. Also, a subecay liquid sunshine does exactly what you want and sometimes can be found for

Oh yeah. The ltd is supposed to be awesome too.

Don't forget the Barber/clark gainster too.

Argh there are TOO many overdrives!!!!

thanks for the tips. I'll check them all out and report back in a few hours w/ what I think.

-Kevin

• Members

I have a treblebooster that I use in 'full range' mode. I also play in a worship band and found the 808 I was using not transparent enough.

If you are able to crank things a bit I would definatelly recommend a treble booster in 'full range mode', but if you're playing at low levels it will just sound harsh.

Good luck.

• Members

Originally posted by Tonemeister69

I have a treblebooster that I use in 'full range' mode. I also play in a worship band and found the 808 I was using not transparent enough.

If you are able to crank things a bit I would definatelly recommend a treble booster in 'full range mode', but if you're playing at low levels it will just sound harsh.

Good luck.

Ya...the church band is kind of at low volumes, so I guess that wouldn't work. But the problem w/ the FDII lies more in my other band (Sheraton->Marshall JMP). I know that I can get any O.D. to work in the church setting (Strat->Fender BJ) because I just kind of fool around there and expiriment. Half the time I just use my '69 as a boost for leadwork there.

Archived