80F in Chicago today so I took the Hot Rod to work

Bruno

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Originally posted by Bruno

Ok.............how about a picture of your Karma G. wasting away at the back of your shop
:D:thu:

I have a picture of it before it got beaten up....
I will dig it out for you!
Loser boy!

• Members
Originally posted by analogmike

FIVE POINT SLOW!!!

:D

It will rip up your little carbon fiber VW......Oops I mean Porsche.......no I mean fancy VW with Porsche badges. A

ny time you want to sit down and go for spin let me know. I will show you what a real car will do :thu:

• Members
Originally posted by adolf

HA! HA! HA! HA!

EXCELLENT!

You gonna take that PREPPY CHICK?

I know what I have and it runs like a champ so I am not worried. When was the last time you drove you Covt (birds chirping in the background)?

That is what I thought :D

• Members
Originally posted by vindaloo23

Thanks
:)
We take it out whenever we can. This past weekend we went exploring along the WI/IL border and found lots of cool little towns. I have it out today, but only because I need to get to a paint shop on my way home from work. Sadly, it doesn't look like that picture right now. Last year a guy hit me with an F150 and tore up the front end. The guy who fixed it and painted it did a horrible job...it's now two-tone. So I'm trying to find a good paint shop to fix this mess. Here's a pic of the carnage from last year:

photo1.jpg

Very depressing stuff. The fenders were pushed back in to the doors, the radiator core support was bent, the whole front end (as you can tell) was shot. The bumper was caught on the guy's trailer hitch, and it took a long time to seperate the two vehicles. Oh, well...

Man I am really sorry to see that. I think that I would have beaten the guy up with a tire iron if that happened to my car :(:mad:

• Members
Originally posted by analogmike

I don't even really have a street car now... but I bought my wife a mini cooper S over the winter and I drive it all the time so I can be like ZVEX
:)

Talk about a chick car... at least all the cute babes driving Minis wave at me every day
:thu:

So you sold the race VW then :D Tony told me all about this carbon fiber beast..............what happened to it

I can assure you that the Mustang is not a chick car like the mini is :thu:

• Members

I am delirious today- just paid last years owed taxes plus 1st quarter estimated taxes to Uncle Sam and CT... could buy a nice new Z06 for what I paid out today :(

Will jam with the guys tonight and get a bit wasted to forget about it. Then start saving up for a fun car this spring (couldn't sell the Porkshes but can't really drive them on the street anymore).

Have fun and keep the shiny side up!

• Members
Originally posted by ColorsoundKid

Got you all in check...

Studebaker.jpg

Actually, I don't own that Studebaker. Wish I did, though.

My uncle always lets me drive his Studebaker when I go visit so I don't have to rent a car.

• Members
Originally posted by MrSage

My uncle always lets me drive his Studebaker when I go visit so I don't have to rent a car.

What model?

My father has 2 Stude's a '62 Lark Daytona (259 with Paxton super charger that needs to be put back on) and a '70 Avanti with a Chevey 350 (technially not a Stude, but basically one)

As for Hot Rods, here are mine. They're also my daily drivers

http://www.cooper.edu/~hoerni/pictures/cars/elcamino/elky_smaller.jpg

I transplanted a 350 TPI out of a 'vette / Camaro into it a few years ago. Just got a new overdrive tranny and it's running pretty well right now

elky_smaller.jpg

Of course I prefer the ride with 2 less wheels.

vfr_moto_only.jpg

Archived