Television/Marquee Moon : effects ?

newstrat60

• Members

Typically Verlaine used a '59 Jazzmaster or a 60s Jazzmaster fitted with lipstick pickups. Lloyd says that he used his 60s strat on the whole album (and he always double tracked his solos). Both Verlaine and Lloyd played through Femder Super Reverbs. The title track, however, features Verlaine on the lipstick Jazzmaster through a Danelectro Twin Twelve amp.

DJ

• Members

Originally posted by onbongos

if i was a old man, i'd say how it was a sad statement on popular music today when someone has to ask on an effects forum what effect to use to get a perfectly clean guitar sound
:cry::bor:

:o

• Members

if i was a old man, i'd say how it was a sad statement on popular music today when someone has to ask on an effects forum what effect to use to get a perfectly clean guitar sound
:cry::bor:

we're just in geek country, dude :D

your sig intrigues me BTW :confused:

• Members

Originally posted by newstrat60

we're just in geek country, dude
:D
your sig intrigues me BTW
:confused:

it's a line from an Alternative TV song (that i know through Savage Republic) ques que c'est what people say, paris is a wonderful city on 40 francs a day, paris is a city of influence.. there's a part about jim morrison in there too

i can't remember the words now and i left my ipod home :(

• Members

how do you get lipstick pickups in a jazzmaster?

You leave huge big holes. He started adding them to Jags for the second album. Now he plays a mutt stratomaster w/ 3 lipsticks and a JM neck or a tele.

Archived