Recommend me a good wah pedal

• Members

Originally posted by mrheaume

yeah im also looking for a wah. used to have a vox and i liked it quite a bit. def a lot better than a crybaby. im out of the loop now... whats a vox wah - but BETTER - thats out therE?

Why do you think the Vox is better than a crybaby?

• Members

By the way...i stumbled apon a purple budda (spelling?) wah when i was browsing thru a local music store, didn't try it out because i was too content with a Diezel Herbert and a Mesa Mark IV :thu:

Has anyone tried this particular wah? I'd like to get some opinions and maybe a brief description, how they compare to other wah's..etc. :o

• Members
Originally posted by Defenestration

Obviously you like the way it sounds if you think it is better than the crybaby
:rolleyes::D

What's the difference tonally?
:wave:

oh sorry. well its more bonky and nasally. does that help? lol, kinda hard to describe it.

i love the stuff jimmy page did with his wah, so vox wah sound was what i wanted

• Members

I play mostly soul and R'n'B stuff with one band and fusion stuff with another. I need a wah that sounds good clean, so I had to retire my Bad Horsie go once I bought a George Dennis GD30.

The GD30 sounds damn good when playing clean or crunchy, it's optical and quite a bit smaller than the Bad Horsie that has a huge housing. You turn it on as you would a Cry Baby, which is just about the worst way of doing that. Did they sit there and go "ok, so we have this sound... why don't we come up with a really inconvenient way of turning it on and off". Still it sounds so good that I'm considering getting an A/B box for it...

The Bad Horsie's range was wider in some ways, but a lot more aggressive also making it the better choice for high gain stuff only. I loved the Bad Horsie's switchless operations: Step on it and away we go! Let go of the pedal and it turns of. Unless you tend to use your wah as a fixed filter Morleys switchless operation is THE way to go! Other than that I found the Bad Horsie to add gain when engaged - not a cool feature when you wanna play clean - you'll always get some dirt added with this wah.

Finally if you're into true bypass you'll want to know that the Bad Horsie's bypass sucks tone, much more so than the GD30. Neither have true bypass and both are optical meaning you'll never have to deal with scratchy pots.

• Members

Originally posted by Cymeon

Try RMC wahs. Not cheap but great. I have a wizard model. SWEEEET.

yeah, after looking around, i think im gonna go RMC... not sure which model yet tho. looks like the picture is probably right down my alley..

• Members
Originally posted by mrheaume

yeah, after looking around, i think im gonna go RMC... not sure which model yet tho. looks like the picture is probably right down my alley..

Didn't you say earlier that the Teese was not what you were looking for? What changed your mind? It wasn't my playing for sure!:D

• Members
Originally posted by NappyDugOut

Didn't you say earlier that the Teese was not what you were looking for? What changed your mind? It wasn't my playing for sure!
:D

wow dude, i didnt even realize.

i guess thats not what i want.

i thought the picture was supposed to be the incarnate 60s vox?

cuz thats basically what i want.

Archived