When Less is More with effects pedals

• Members

So I stripped down my pedal board for a change of pace....just needed to change something (you know how it is).

[ Regular board has pic wah, cc2, katana, comp, couple of looopers, Zim, EchoTap, Rv3, LoFi Loop Junkie, FX20 (in a loop of course), small stone, RC20, HF2 Flanger.... ]

I made myself a nice little board with:

Keeley Comp

Analog TS9

DLS Echotap

into SF-Champ or Univalve

With a tele it is just such a beautiful simple sound that responds so well to the guitars controls....I could play with that sound the rest of my life and be totally tonally content. Roy Buchanan type sounds at my fingertips.

I am however, not stupid and I realize that I will hanker for my other pedals as soon as I sell them so I better hang on.

• Members

IMHO a good clean sound and a good dirty sound is enough to play with. But as a punter I get bored easily. Different sounds keep my interest. Although I dont play out or have a board, when I do, I will.

• Members

Originally posted by CS

IMHO a good clean sound and a good dirty sound is enough to play with. But as a punter I get bored easily. Different sounds keep my interest. Although I dont play out or have a board, when I do, I will.

Yeah..I play most of the time with only a little od and delay anyways making my fingers and guitar controls take care of the rest. It is just a strangely freeing experience having only a couple of pedals at my feet.

• Members

Originally posted by jonny guitar

Yeah..I play most of the time with only a little od and delay anyways making my fingers and guitar controls take care of the rest. It is just a strangely freeing experience having only a couple of pedals at my feet.

The last practice I just used my guitar and channel switcher on my amp! It was weird and fun.

• Members

Originally posted by BlurryBoy 13

Yeah! It's a dreamboat.
:love:

I can't wait until I have a dumb excuse to buy the extension cab! (rahwusi PA'ed music places! Why won't you let me LIIIIIIVE!)

:D Gotta love the extension cab. I was running my old Traynor into my THD cab couple of days back and it was so nice, my face was hurting from grinning.

• Members

Today I was trying out the Grahic Fuzz and DMM. By tweaking it I could get various clean, dirty, delayed and chorus sounds. I was impressed, however live I would add an od or two and another delay, before I got onto sound variations like a vibe and filter.

• Members

Originally posted by BlurryBoy 13

The last practice I just used my guitar and channel switcher on my amp! It was weird and fun.

I usually have about 10 pedals on my board, but last week I only took a wah and Fuzzhead with me. I spent much more time actually playing guitar, instead of worrying about which pedal I would step on next.

So I spent all week thinking about what I actually needed and used.....tomorrow I'm going to rehearsal with wah, octron, COT50, Fuzzhead, tuner and delay. Much more manageable.

• Members

It's always good once in a while to strip your setup down and have a couple of pedals, I then tend to rebuild it from there over time.

Recently stripped down to wah > OD > delay > tremelo and my amp has a nice stereo chorus.

But the phasers, flanger, fuzz, octave, EQ's, boost and compressor are knocking at the door getting impatient !!

• Members

my board is large, but the effects small in number.. one fuzz, a wah, univibe, and my echoplex.

vo4dfq.jpg

this coupled with my leslie cab and reverb tank produce a wide variety of very classy and classic tones.

i like this smaller setup than what i had previous. sure i still own those pedals, but this seems so much more fresh and clean to me.

Archived