Pearl Jam on SNL tonite...

BP90

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Originally posted by BrianPhase90

Just figured I'd let everyone know.... Let's see if they can make a U-Turn from the last couple albums.....

AGREED!!!!

No more spoken word tracks, political propaganda, etc. ...........just staright up rock and roll please.............make me a fan once again.

• Members

Originally posted by powerplayj

AGREED!!!!

No more spoken word tracks, political propaganda, etc. ...........just straight up rock and roll please.............make me a fan once again.

Im gonna have to admit I love "I'm Open"

I think the real issue is that all the band members are writing more equally instead of relying so heavily on Vedder...

• Members

No more spoken word tracks, political propaganda, etc. ...........just staright up rock and roll please.............make me a fan once again.

Not sure that you'll like their new single then (World Wide Suicide). I'm assuming they will play it on air but who knows. If you would like to hear the song it is on Pearl Jam's (or is it the ten club's) myspace.

• Members

The new album {censored}ing rocks.

I dont really get the "please no more political songs" thing, if its a topic that means something to the songwriter, they are gonna write about it. Could be political, could be a love song.

Anyway tonight they are playing Worldwide suicide and severed hand. Very rocking tracks...should be great.

• Members

I'm no fan, but I thought it sucked. I liked the second song better then the first, though.

Now, I just caught the rerun of the Henry Rollins Show. He had Frank Black on there as his musical guest. He did this acoustic version of I Burned Today. Now that {censored}ing rocked, in a mellow sort of way of course.

• Members
Originally posted by blackmoreisgod

...but I thought they kicked ass tonight on SNL. I wouldn't buy anything of theirs, but they did good....
:D

Kicked serious ass. I resisted most of the grunge stuff when it came out beause, at least to me, it's not as fun to play as listen to. Tonight's show was a blast of fresh air though, esp. after the inescapable emo & rap playlists of the last 5 years or so.

• Members

I remember reading an article on PJ where several of the members didn't exactly go out of their way to disagree with the journalist's proposition that Vedder had sabotaged their career. I can't remember which member it was but they said there were many times when they'd be jamming/making up a really good track and Veder would simply walk out because it was too "commercial".

Archived