Problems w/Time machine boost

Stratotone

• Members

Recently bought a secondhand George Lynch time machine boost. First off, the thing is a work of art - hand wired, and looks like a pedal version of a hiwatt. Modern boost side works great!

The vintage side though hisses like hell, even through a tube amp set for clean and not very loud. It's absolutely without a doubt the noisiest, hissiest pedal I've ever heard. My Hush IICX doesn't even help it much. Anyone else have one of these, and does it exhibit the same noise level? I'm starting to think it has problems...

Pete

• Members

Update: contacted Robert Keeley, he said it sounds like a bad transistor and they are replacing it for free. It's a used pedal, out of warranty... and he treated me like I just bought it new and it acted up. Plus the two guys I talked to at Keeley were great to deal with also.

It amazes me when a company does this much on an out of warranty/used pedal. Certainly makes me want to use more Keeley stuff for sure. Now if he'll just get that chorus out so I don't have to buy a choralflange or a TC unit... :)

Pete

• Members

Yeah, they are great guys. Robert, Jacob and the rest of them just went WAY above and beyond for me on something and it still has me amazed at the service they provided.

A Keely version of the Choralflange would be great. Even if it was just the chorus side of it but with similar features. The Choralflange however will stay on my board until then. Solid unit.

• Members

I bought a Keeley Comp from ebay a few months back - it was a direct Keeley sale, not secondhand. I thought it'd be worth being cheeky and asking if I could have the external attack control added, and not only did it get done, but the pedal still shipped that day. I was most impressed.

Archived