List some good Treble Boosters (Range clones)

HMCMedic

• Members

I have a BSM OR Treble Booster. I have had it for 4 years. It has been the only pedal that has remained out from day one. It adds to HBs and single coils. Clean or dirty it adds that special intangible we all look for in our sound.

• Members

Originally posted by 48729zjd

Really? You know if he's still selling the pre-made ones though?
:(

hmm.. he's on vacation now.. so pre-built ones will have to wait till after 1st May..

as for the kit.. i can see the price and instructions on the webpage.. but no tab to add it to cart.. so i assume its out of stock.. real bummer.. really wanted to buy one kit and test it out..

• Members

It's not a rangemaster clone, but I

pciked up a Hornby-Skewes clone from a guy

on ebay "t-booster"....found him to be very helpful.

For a very few bucks, he added an option in for me

to give me the two known HS variants in one box.

Damn nice little screamer for about $100

He vanilla HS unit (one stomp, no other controls)

usu runs about $80

Disclaimer:

I'm not connected to that seller in any way, shape or

form other than I bought one of his pedals once.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

bump this thread. i'm also looking for a treble booster for my ac15.

on the cheaper side theres the hbe germania or this new bbe frequency booster (has anyone tried it).

other than that based on reviews and clips i'm most interested in the crispy cream, the analogman beano and this dubtronics brit booster.

any other thoughts?

• Members

You can get our Java Boost with original Mullard OC44 transistors which is cool for someone wanting to hear the exact tone...plus you can mod ours for some tayloring to fit your needs...(don't know many that actually do...but hey, you can!)

Also available is the CV7003, military version of the IC.

The TMB has the AC187 in it....for yet another flavor!

Treble boosters are great fun but a bit demanding if you have a vintage design..... it really like to be connected to a pickup...and to push the amp....it's a pedal that kinda likes to be by itself.

Pedals after it are okay in many cases...but for the purist, I think guitar>treble booster>Cranked Amp is the way to go...

Try it out on a Marshall stack or halfstack...WHEWWW! Talk about perfect "time period correct" tone!!!

:eek:

:D

Robert

• Members

The BLACK SABBATH tones you can get are down right scary!

Play anything off the first 3-4 albums (with yer guitar tuned down of course...:D ) then Crank the amp...add a dash of bass when needed, get the right guitar too....start to do those "frog" jumps Ozzy does! :eek: :eek: :D

rk

• Members

The BLACK SABBATH tones you can get are down right scary!

That's no joke Robert. I couldn't believe I was getting close to nailing those tones with a strat!! Not sure what guitar(s) Iommi was using in the early days.

• Members

I figured I'd be using the modern boost side of my GL TMB - but the 60s vintage just adds some tones to my 18 watt marshall clones, a friend's 100 watt modded plexi clone and even the crunch channel of my JSX. Good times!

Pete

Archived