itt i introduce myself

mistle

• Members

because i'm new. my name is asger, i live in denmark and every day i dream of having the greatest band ever! of course i've never been in a band i probably never will because i'm a big loser:) my favorite band in the world is the smashing pumpkins who i love so much it's retarded. what you're going to be sick of hearing from me is my telling you to listen to xinlisupreme. aside from a better amp i am currently gassing for a polychorus. this is what i play so far:

guit4oy.jpg

those are the only effects i've ever owned. the hoax and the dd-20 i just got two weeks ago and i'm having a ton of fun with them.

• Members

thanks! well i think both are amazing though i haven't much to hold them up against. i go reezafratzitz into t-rex of course. the first makes so many shades of distortion (mostly because of the bias control) and they all sound great. i use the t-rex for fuzz (boost forever on) and while i think it could use a bit more gain and harshness sometimes, it's plenty coming after the distortion. it's a soft fuzz i would say. it's very pleasant and smooth. even on that amp the lead is sooo pretty and singing, to wallow in cliches

to answer your question, i don't think i'll find a pedal to replace the reezafratzitz, but i might find something better than the t-rex.

• Members

Originally posted by stompboxx

Hey Asger, you've got some nice gear if that's your first bunch of gear!

What amp do you want to upgrade to?

thanks, i spend a lot of time reading up on it to try to understand what i'm getting (or maybe i was just lucky.) which is what i'm doing right now, concerning choice of amp. it's so hard to decide with so many options and none seeming quite right. i suppose the VS265 i have now is good enough for my bedroom needs, but you know.. i have to keep dreaming:D i just can't decide. i guess i want some quality tube combo around 50 watts or something.. i just dunno. maybe you guys could help me out sometime

• Members

i had the same valvestate a decade ago... didn't had that one long ;)....
save money and buy yourself a good tube amp.... i think it must be fairly easy to find a marshall 50W head and a marshall cab for a good price where you live....

• Members

ha, yeah. but that's so expensive! but even if money didn't matter i wouldn't know what to get

the kind of music i play would suggest something on the marshall/mesa boogie side of things. but sometimes i think maybe a used fender twin or super reverb. i'm gonna use pedals for distortion anyway. but they're so loud right?

i really don't have a clue about amps

Archived