Yamaha MagicStomp for modulation only?

Barryj61

• Members

I'm trying to put together a 'stealth' pedal rig on the cheap. Right now I've gathered up a Bad Monkey, Rat2, and a Crybaby classic......but I'm a bit stumped on what to use for modulation effects.

I really would only use delay and reverb, and an occasional bit of chorus. Anyone using a Magicstomp as a 'modulation-only' pedal in this type of situation? Thinking this might be a good way to finish out a 'midget' board - could fit it in a small briefcase.

• Members

oh yeah.

does nice faux-analog modulation and the phasers and flangers are sooooo tweakable. you'll get sounds you normally don't w/ multis. i originally got mine to replace the RV-3 for reverb but now i use it just as much for delay. i don't use modulation too much in general but i wouldn't be against using only the MS for my mod sounds.

• Members

I'm just curious; did you buy the MagicStomp because you wanted it for its reverb, or did you just end up with it?

Originally posted by GuyaGuy

oh yeah.

does nice faux-analog modulation and the phasers and flangers are sooooo tweakable. you'll get sounds you normally don't w/ multis. i originally got mine to replace the RV-3 for reverb but now i use it just as much for delay. i don't use modulation too much in general but i wouldn't be against using only the MS for my mod sounds.

• Members

Originally posted by tnttnttnt

I'm just curious; did you buy the MagicStomp because you wanted it for its reverb, or did you just end up with it?

for 'verb.

so glad i got it instead of the Digiverb or something cuz those 8-head modulated delays kick @SS!

that's right...

@SS!

i have a version 1 i'll sell for $95 shipped. otherwise it's going on ebay.

Archived