WTF? (ebay content)

beezdeez

• Members

Originally posted by beezdeez

The rational person in me says that's a {censored}ing hoax.

The ad cracks me up too.

I would agree. Looks like it has Gibson stickers still on the pickups, so I guess it could just be some idiot selling something for retarded cheap. I doubt it though. Any Ebay auction that has a huge shipping price like that always brings out the skeptic in me.

Definately an entertaining auction!

• Members

You have to admit those are some convincing copies. Even though it's blatantly obvious when you look at the headstock, from a distance no one would ever know.

Those titles crack me up too:

Elegant vogue electric instrument

• Members

Originally posted by Wilbo26

I would agree. Looks like it has Gibson stickers still on the pickups, so I guess it could just be some idiot selling something for retarded cheap. I doubt it though. Any Ebay auction that has a huge shipping price like that always brings out the skeptic in me.

Definately an entertaining auction!

Are you guys even looking at the headstock?? It doesn't say "Gibson", it sayd Gibsong"..........LOL.....or something to that effect. These guitars are being made mass produced and are most likely seconds, and when you add the outrageous shipping plus $49.99, believe me, they are making money. It is an old trick that even I used at one time with my inexpensive jewelry......the shipping pays the cost of the item, and the $49.99 and any bid over that is the profit. They intend to sell in bulk, and ship it out by the boatload.

Keep in mind that even the better copie guitars coming out of Asia sell here for only $450 and that's after import export duties and everything. That guitar will be shipped as a "test item" or as a "repair item" and is not subjected to duty at all. I buy jewelry in mass quantities from Thai Land and I NEVER pay duty on any of my jewelry. Their government turns a blind eye as long as their country is making money. The companies there pay off the government, but it is a lot less than regular duty.

That guitar is most likely an inferrior piece of crap. But it COULD be a decent cheap guitar.........I'd go with an Argile though........much better quality, even though it is a cheap copy.

• Members

Originally posted by SKYNETRP

Are you guys even looking at the headstock?? It doesn't say "Gibson", it sayd Gibsong"..........LOL.....or something to that effect. These guitars are being made mass produced and are most likely seconds, and when you add the outrageous shipping plus $49.99, believe me, they are making money. It is an old trick that even I used at one time with my inexpensive jewelry......the shipping pays the cost of the item, and the $49.99 and any bid over that is the profit. They intend to sell in bulk, and ship it out by the boatload.

AHAHAHAha I see it now. I just glanced over the auction and looked at the pictures, and figured it was too good to be true, and also incredibly shiny and sparkly for a vintage '71.

• Members
http://cgi.ebay.com/fashionable-musical-instrument-electric-guitar_W0QQitemZ7406570866QQcategoryZ33025QQ

it's fashionable!

http://cgi.ebay.com/beautiful-novelty-up-to-the-minute-electric-guitar_W0QQitemZ7408114063QQcategoryZ33044QQ

it's "up to the minute!"

http://cgi.ebay.com/Schoene-stichhaltige-bewegliche-Guitarre_W0QQitemZ7406697142QQcategoryZ107739QQ

"stichhaltig" UND "beweglich"? unglaublich!

note that the names GIBSON, etc. don't appear in the heading so as to go under radar...

Edit: fixed. stupid ebay linkage...

:mad:

• Members

Originally posted by GuyaGuy

it's fashionable!

it's "up to the minute!"

"stichhaltig" UND "beweglich"? unglaublich!

note that the names GIBSON, etc. don't appear in the heading so as to go under radar...

We're gonna need some item numbers or have you sign out and then post links methinks. Silly Ebay.

• Members

Hey! They actually Do say Gibson, but they are fakes.......maybe pretty good fakes. I guarantee you that they are Epi's with gibson inlays onthe headstock............they can be sold that cheap and still make money.

Damn, that sunburst looks good............it HAS to be an Epi............It has already been proven that a Les Paul can be made of plywood under there (the top only) and you would never know, except the sound is not what you would expect.........LOL. Making the top out of plywood or whatever is a HUGE cost saving thing.,,,now you only have a piece of Honduran Mahogany, two pickups, some cheap Chinese electronics, a $2 fretboard, $10 tuners (fake Klusons).and almost NO labor cost...do the math!!

• Members

Originally posted by SKYNETRP

Hey! They actually Do say Gibson, but they are fakes.......maybe pretty good fakes. I guarantee you that they are Epi's with gibson inlays onthe headstock............they can be sold that cheap and still make money.

Do they? The pics are fuzzy enough that its hard to tell. I see a 'g' at the end of the 'Gibson' on the headstock.

• Members

Originally posted by Wilbo26

Do they? The pics are fuzzy enough that its hard to tell. I see a 'g' at the end of the 'Gibson' on the headstock.

Go to the German one......the sunburst LP......it is clear as day...........wow....and that's not a sticker, it's inlay.

• Members

Damn, that sunburst looks good............it HAS to be an Epi............It has already been proven that a Les Paul can be made of plywood under there (the top only) and you would never know, except the sound is not what you would expect.........LOL. Making the top out of plywood or whatever is a HUGE cost saving thing.,,,now you only have a piece of Honduran Mahogany, two pickups, some cheap Chinese electronics, a $2 fretboard, $10 tuners (fake Klusons).and almost NO labor cost...do the math!!

• Members

I compared the LP custom to the custom on Gibson's website. The inlay is pretty close to the real thing. Custom LP's don't have a full 'o' either to make it look kind of like a 'u'. But if you look at some, the inlay is not in the right position. The custom had the inlay waaaaay too close to the edge.

:confused:

This is weird.

• Members

They're copies, I emailed the guy and asked him. I may buy one or two of them just for grins anyway, because they do look pretty darn good, especially the cherry sunburst one....wow. Here's his response to when I asked if they are actual Gibson USA models:

Dear friend
thank you for your letter.
it is we china fabricate.
it isn't real of gibson.
it is imitate gibson.
but it of timbre and quality is good.
it of shipping postage is 60pound.
hope you can bidding.
goods end me shall give you tracking number.
if you have any question, pleasewrite letter tell me.
good luck! your chinese friends! wish your family very happy!

At least he's honest if you ask him about it.

Archived