I solved it....Two pedalboard setup

ollenorin

• Members
Originally posted by ollenorin

i think ill hire pete cornish....oh wait...he charges 4 gazillion pounds for anything custom.
;)

It wouldn't be too hard to design and make.

All you would need is a heavy duty momentary single pull stomp switch, a small PC board, a 4017 chip (about 1 dollar) some jacks and 1 or 2 4018 chips (1 allows use four things to plug your expression pedal into, 2 allows you 8 things)

the 4017 is a decade counter. It has 10 outs, and you decide the ammount of steps by connecting the last step to the reset pin.

You wire 8 of the 4017's pins to the 2 4016s ins.

4016s have 4 different switches and 4 ins. When you give an in power, it closes a switch and makes a connection (which would be the connection between your expression pedal and the expression in of one of your pedals)

You connect one side of the momentary switch to ground, and one side to the 4017 clock in.

When you close the stomp switch, it connects the 4017 clock in to ground and makes one step. The step gives power to a certain 4016 switch, and closes one of the 4016's switches connections.

So in essence, you can use 1 stomp to control 8 switches. The only downfall is that you can't skip steps, so you have to stomp through several before you can get to the one you want.

The simple option is to make a box with an expression in, and as many expression outs as you want, and use a rotary switch to choose which pedal you want to send it to. The downside is that it is not a simple stomp, you gotta tweak it with your foot or bend over. The upside is no PCB, and it is a slightly simpler project.

• Members

Just remember- PEDAL INPUTS: All pedal control input jacks are 1/4" tip-ring-sleeve (stereo)
phone jacks. The sleeves are grounded and the ring terminals are supplied with
+5.7 volts which is current-limited to about 0.5 milliamperes. The tip terminals
receive the variable voltages from the pedals.
An expression pedal for use with the MF-103 should contain a 50KW or 100KW
potentiometer which is connected from the sleeve to the ring terminals. The
potentiometer wiper is connected to the tip terminal. The pedal cable should
be shielded, with the shield connected to the sleeve terminal. See Figure 11.
When connecting one or more pedal control input jacks to a source of
external control voltage such as an analog synth or a MIDI-to-CV converter, you
should use patch cords with tip-ring-sleeve phone plugs. The ring terminal on the
plug should not be connected to anything, so that the MF-103's source of +5.7
volts is not shorted out. Or, if you do not plan to use any expression pedals with
your MF-103 but would like to apply control voltages to one or more pedal
control inputs, you can use patch cords with regular two-conductor phone
plugs. These will short out the +5.7 volt supply to the ring contacts. This voltage is
current-limited, so you won't burn anything out, - but no pedal will work in any of
the pedal control jacks if a tip-sleeve plug is plugged into even one of the
pedal jacks.
Applying a varying voltage to the tip terminal of a pedal control input jack has
the same effect as turning the corresponding knob. A voltage change of about
5 volts at the tip terminal is equivalent to turning the corresponding knob through
its entire range. You can 'program' your MF-103 performance parameters
entirely from external control voltages, by turning all four control knobs (but not
the DRIVE or OUTPUT LEVEL knobs) counterclockwise, and feeding 0 to +5Volt
programming voltages to the tips of the four pedal control input jacks.

• Members
Originally posted by stereotypy

this thread reminds me that i will have to write 2 reviews for hwa... i am just soo lazy...

you're not alone. *cough*Rev*cough*. :rolleyes:

Without a website, all the reviews help! (ofcourse, not the negative ones. ;) )

@Olle, do you prefer the low-gain or high-gain mode?

• Members
Originally posted by ollenorin

damn spectrejulian, you should start yr own super-pedal-company....

im too stupid to build something like that but thanks anyways !

:)

Yeah, but I can only think about making pedals because I don't have any capital to make them. Check back in a year.

• Members

Thanks for the idea!

This may solve my pedalboard problem finally. I have a few more things I want to add but they won't fit.

I will get a smaller board for the loop which will be chorus->trem->analog delay-> digital delay.

Anybody use this as a live set up? I'd really hate to add to my set-up time but it may be the best way to go.

Archived