I may get a Boss GT-8 to supplement my standalone pedals.

• Members

The things I use a lot (Vibe, Echo, Envelope Filter) will be taken care of by dedicated stomp boxes, but the things I use rarely (Harmonizer, Flanger, Chorus)

would be handled by the GT-8.

I have read the reviews on the HCFX Review page, but it doesn't tell if the unit sucks tone/treble. Anyone know?

• Members

Originally posted by SASQUATCH

The things I use a lot (Vibe, Echo, Envelope Filter) will be taken care of by dedicated stomp boxes, but the things I use rarely (Harmonizer, Flanger, Chorus)

would be handled by the GT-8.

I have read the reviews on the HCFX Review page, but it doesn't tell if the unit sucks tone/treble. Anyone know?

No more than a DL-4 or DD-20 would. Actually, I think you'll find a lot of the effects sound really good. My favorite way to use it is with a couple of good dirt boxes into a clean tube amp, and then I turn the preamp modelling off and just use it for the effects

• Members

Originally posted by jeverist

No more than a DL-4 or DD-20 would. Actually, I think you'll find a lot of the effects sound really good. My favorite way to use it is with a couple of good dirt boxes into a clean tube amp, and then I turn the preamp modelling off and just use it for the effects

How to you connect the stomp boxes to the GT-8 and the amp?

I might go for that option myself.

Archived