Jtm-45 Ri

papa taco

• Members

That was my main guitar amp when I was playing (the bluesbreaker that is).

I had MM irons in it and Alnico blues speakers and that thing was smoking! KT-66's in there as well.

The bastard that bought it said he didn't like it and was dissapointed with the sound :confused:

• Members

JTM45.jpg

JTM45RI, modded by Don "toneman" Butler with MM OT, all the guts were "vintage-ized" and KT66 tubes installed. 2x12" slant cab loaded with V30s. It's a killer amp for pushing into that classic marshall crunch without being crushingly loud.

• Members

Originally posted by Rob Eadgbe

I've had mine a year now and I still really like it. I'm thinking about putting KT-66s in it. Taco sold me a pair of greenbacks which I've loaded into a Laney 2x12. Made all the difference IMO.

July2305setupShooters.jpg

Glad you like the Greenbacks. Nice speakers.

If I get a JTM-45 I'll probably run it into my Kingsley 2x12 cab with a G12H30 and Alnico Weber Blue Dog mix. And run it in stereo with my Hayseed 15 (w/ alnico weber blue dog).

BONANZA!

:wave:

• Members

Mine JTM45 reissue has all the changes noted above. MetroAmp PTP board, lowerd filtering, KT66 tubves. I used Mercury Magnetics power and output transformers and choke. I later used the Radio Spares and THAT is the ticket. Greenback G12M Heritage speakers is also key to getting the right tone.

Jack

• Members

Originally posted by Janglin_Jack

Mine JTM45 reissue has all the changes noted above. MetroAmp PTP board, lowerd filtering, KT66 tubves. I used Mercury Magnetics power and output transformers and choke. I later used the Radio Spares and THAT is the ticket. Greenback G12M Heritage speakers is also key to getting the right tone.

Jack

Completely off topic, but nice Nick Cave avatar.:thu:

Archived