Frantone Peachfuzz with a Baritone!

orourke

• Members

I just finished recording a song, I used a tele Baritone in Drop A>Barber Tone Press>Frantone Peachfuzz>Mesa S.O.B.>Palmer Speaker Simulator>Sonar 5

I also split the signal and recorded a clean track of the same take.

The Peachfuzz and Baritone are on the solo also. The tune is call "You Reflect the Sun",

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=276061

• Members

Originally posted by orourke

I just finished recording a song, I used a tele Baritone in Drop A>Barber Tone Press>Frantone Peachfuzz>Mesa S.O.B.>Palmer Speaker Simulator>Sonar 5

I also split the signal and recorded a clean track of the same take.

The Peachfuzz and Baritone are on the solo also. The tune is call "You Reflect the Sun",

That was super cool... real sludgy and stoner rockish...

And right somewhere around 3:08 you have high pitch strumming in the background. Is that a pitch shifter? It sounds almost like a mandolin...

• Members

Originally posted by nosferatu123

That was super cool... real sludgy and stoner rockish...

And right somewhere around 3:08 you have high pitch strumming in the background. Is that a pitch shifter? It sounds almost like a mandolin...

It's a Taylor 12 String with some modulation (Waves plug-in) on it, I played the part pretty high on the neck to get that mandolin sound, I'm glad you noticed it, that's what I was going for. There is also a tele streaming along the same line.

Lastly, I used a Gibson SG with Ducan '59s into a 1980s Ibanez TS-9 that was modded by Keeley for the riff on the choruses.

Archived