maestro fz-1s super fuzz

wader2k

• Members

Hey folks,

I'm thinking about selling a maestro fz-1s super fuzz, but don't know what the relative value is... I haven't seen too many of this model for sale. Plenty of the fz-1a or 1b, but not many fz-1s's. Is $180 -$200 about right? It is in great shape with no rust,etc.

I'm just not into the vintage fuzz vibe....sacreligious, I know.

Wader 8^)

• Members

Yeah I saw that one and it was pretty rusty with no guarantee that it was even functional. I went ahead and listed it on ebay and bidding seems pretty good so far. Had 3 bids up to $51 within the first hour. The rusty one that went for $81 is the only other FZ-1S model I've seen on ebay in the past 4 months.

Wade 8^)

• Members

re: $180-$200

That's what I'm hoping for. Everything I've seen tells me that's what it's worth. Right now it's stuck at $57, but Sunday will tell the tale. Most serious bidding happenns towards the end.

Thanks for all the replies folks!

Wader 8^)

• Members

Coach,

I'd have to think about it. I'm a little new to selling things online and don't know what ebay's policies are exactly concerning auction withdrawal. I would lean toward letting the auction run. Are you adverse to ebay?

I wouldn't know how to start selling through the forums. I know it's done, but how is payment made,etc?

You can email me through the ebay auction if you'd like.

Wader 8^)

• Members

Originally posted by wader2k

re: $180-$200

That's what I'm hoping for. Everything I've seen tells me that's what it's worth. Right now it's stuck at $57, but Sunday will tell the tale. Most serious bidding happenns towards the end.

Thanks for all the replies folks!

Wader 8^)

Nothing matters until the last 3 minutes. I have had auctions at your price that shot up 3-4 times that number in the last 3 minutes. That is when the snipers and big bidders hit.

• Members

Someone has asked me what year this pedal is based on the s/n of 1100

I haven't been able to locate any dating info on the net, but I did find a fz-1s with a s/n around 4200 that was said to be 1972.

Anyone know what years these pedals were made? I'm guessing they started around 1970-72.

I also found out that Hendrix used one occasionally. I thought he always used Roger Mayer's stuff.

Any other dating info out there before I respond?

Wader 8^)

• Members

Someone has asked me what year this pedal is based on the s/n of 1100

I haven't been able to locate any dating info on the net, but I did find a fz-1s with a s/n around 4200 that was said to be 1972.

Anyone know what years these pedals were made? I'm guessing they started around 1970-72.

I also found out that Hendrix used one occasionally. I thought he always used Roger Mayer's stuff.

Any other dating info out there before I respond?

Wader 8^)

Hmmm, not sure about the dating. If its 1100 and a 4200 was from '72, I would make a guess that yours is late '70 or early '71, but I have no clue what their production numbers were like.

As for the Hendrix thing, while I'm sure he played with one at some point, I don't think it was ever something he used with any frequency or on any records. People like to tie Hendrix to their products because they think people will buy them to get the "Hendrix Tone." Usually just marketting B.S.

• Members

Try the pot date codes. If they are original, the unit can't date later than the parts used to build it. Of course, the parts could be way older than what they get put in...

I never heard of any serial number list that could help date those.

That's sure a nice looking fuzz!

• Members

I looked at the pots, but if a date code can be gotten out of these numbers, I sure don't know how to interpret it!

29A0059 .....SUSTAIN POT

29A0061 .....BALANCE

29A0060 .....VOLUME

No biggie at this point. Looking inside reminds me how much I should kick myself for not putting pics of the inside up on the auction. Everything is immaculate. Schematic and parts list is perfect.

Now someone is asking if I'll ship to Japan. I really don't like the idea, but I'm not sure how I will answer. His feedback is good. I don't know anything about international shipping or costs. My wife did ship some doll clotrhes to England, but they fit right in a USPS express envelope. Any recommendations?

Wader 8^)

• Members

I looked at the pots, but if a date code can be gotten out of these numbers, I sure don't know how to interpret it!

29A0059 .....SUSTAIN POT

29A0061 .....BALANCE

29A0060 .....VOLUME

No biggie at this point. Looking inside reminds me how much I should kick myself for not putting pics of the inside up on the auction. Everything is immaculate. Schematic and parts list is perfect.

Now someone is asking if I'll ship to Japan. I really don't like the idea, but I'm not sure how I will answer. His feedback is good. I don't know anything about international shipping or costs. My wife did ship some doll clotrhes to England, but they fit right in a USPS express envelope. Any recommendations?

Wader 8^)

Isn't there a way to edit the auction and add more clips? Definatley look into that.

No idea about shipping to Japan. I guess if the guy is willing to pay, just call USPS or Fedex or whatever and see how much it will cost.

• Members

Yeah I could add a photo, but the camera is at my brothers house and its been a busy day. Maybe tommorrow.

Some guy offered me $150 to ship it to New York and end it now. I can't believe I turned it down. I hope I don't regret it! Easy come, easy go, I guess.

Wade 8^)

• Members

Pots say 31 week of 1971 for when they were made. So 1971-2 would be when it was made. Still, any dumb f**k who wants to know the date is an idiot, maybe one willing to pay a lot, but these are rare, and made over a short period so who cares the date?

• Members

Sir Cathome,

Just for future reference about the date codes.....

I figure you are getting 31st week of 1971 from the 2nd number... 1377137...

I read someplace that the first 3 numbers are manufacturer... 137 .. which is CTS in this case I believe. The next 2 (71) is the year. The last 2 would make this 37th week of 1971....correct? This is good info....Thanks much!!

Wader 8^)

• Members

Sir Cathome,

Just for future reference about the date codes.....

I figure you are getting 31st week of 1971 from the 2nd number... 1377137...

I read someplace that the first 3 numbers are manufacturer... 137 .. which is CTS in this case I believe. The next 2 (71) is the year. The last 2 would make this 37th week of 1971....correct? This is good info....Thanks much!!

Wader 8^)

Right. The curse is that before 1970 most pots had a 6 digit number so that you can not tell if something is 69 or 59 except by cosmetics (tricky with guitars as opposed to pedals and amps). Also some companies bought huge numbers of pots and took years to use them. The best example of this is the original Big Muff which has pots dating to 1968 but none were made befroe 1970-71.

Archived