OT: What color iPod Video should I get (black or white)?

arexjay

• Members

My parents got a tax refund and said I get some money from it (not sure of how much yet). I figure they'll let me splurge on the 30G video if I take care of it. I'm pretty content pedalwise for now.

So my main debate is whether to get the white or black one. The black is kinda cool, but I don't know if I like it that much, Definitely looks sleeker than the white one. I like the looks of the white one better, except that fugly gray circle selector thing.

So vote!!! :thu:

• Members

DON'T GET ONE YET!!!! A cooler one is in the works... and looks to be worth the wait

They are working on a newer version of the video ipod. On this one the screen takes up the full face (double it's current size, you'd hold it sideway to view movies widescreen), and 'jog wheel' is going to be virtual ... i.e. screen is touch sensitive.

It was rumored to be coming out this spring, but apparently there are some issues with the touch screen.

http://www.engadget.com/2006/02/09/apple-still-at-work-on-true-video-ipod/

Even so... I'd wait personally. I got a 60 gig video for Christmas and am frustrated about these new ones coming.

-T

• Members
Originally posted by iodine74

DON'T GET ONE YET!!!! A cooler one is in the works... and looks to be worth the wait

They are working on a newer version of the video ipod. On this one the screen takes up the full face (double it's current size, you'd hold it sideway to view movies widescreen), and 'jog wheel' is going to be virtual ... i.e. screen is touch sensitive.

It was rumored to be coming out this spring, but apparently there are some issues with the touch screen.

http://www.engadget.com/2006/02/09/apple-still-at-work-on-true-video-ipod/

Even so... I'd wait personally. I got a 60 gig video for Christmas and am frustrated about these new ones coming.

-T

Yeah, I think I'll wait. So that the prices of the current one's go down :cool: .

Seriously though, that's kind of dumb unless you plan on only watching movies on it (which is also ridiculous on a 3.5 in. screen), which is, I guess, the point. The battery will also have to be huge. The 60G one's now only have 3 hours of battery life. They can't release a new iPod featuring a bigger screen primarily for video use without making the battery life for movies at least 6 hours.

I only plan on playing music from mine anyways, as I can't rip DVD's onto my PowerBook G4.

• Members

Admittedly I don't use the video that much. BUt I have DLed some Photoshop TV podcasts and some strongbad podcasts too. I'm thinking on a plane or something if you need entertainment it's worth it.

I get more than 3 hours of music on a charge I can tell you that. I bring mine in to work every day and cycle through a day of charging a day of not charging. I could actually probabaly go almost 2 full days... and that literally is a good 8 hours a day. I get to work abot 8:40 and usually leave at 6:00. I turn it off when i go to lunch or pause when i go to the bathroom, but other than that it runs just about all day. I have my screen go to the dark mode after about 5 seconds which i think helps... i also have the 'clicker' turned off.

• Members

Originally posted by iodine74

Admittedly I don't use the video that much. BUt I have DLed some Photoshop TV podcasts and some strongbad podcasts too. I'm thinking on a plane or something if you need entertainment it's worth it.

I get more than 3 hours of music on a charge I can tell you that. I bring mine in to work every day and cycle through a day of charging a day of not charging. I could actually probabaly go almost 2 full days... and that literally is a good 8 hours a day. I get to work abot 8:40 and usually leave at 6:00. I turn it off when i go to lunch or pause when i go to the bathroom, but other than that it runs just about all day. I have my screen go to the dark mode after about 5 seconds which i think helps... i also have the 'clicker' turned off.

To clarify, the video iPod get 3 hours of VIDEO playback, and I think up to 16 or 20 hours of MUSIC playback

Archived