Whoa! a true bypass Bass Overdrive from MXR

sonaboy

• Members

I will officially eat my shorts if that pedal turns out to actually be true bypass... Spec sheet says "true hardwire bypass", which in Dunlop terms is the same as what a stock Crybaby has. Also, the switch looks to be the same pcb-mount Alpha DPDT they use for all the other MXR pedals (including the new reissue script Phase 90 discussed in another thread). So... :D

Nice features, though - it looks like they really put some thought into the design. The only thing I'd like to have seen is a DI out with ground lift and a little speaker sim smoothing as well.

/Andreas

• Members
Originally posted by andreas

I will officially eat my shorts if that pedal turns out to actually be true bypass... Spec sheet says "true hardwire bypass", which in Dunlop terms is the same as what a stock Crybaby has. Also, the switch looks to be the same pcb-mount Alpha DPDT they use for all the other MXR pedals (including the new reissue script Phase 90 discussed in another thread). So...
:D

Nice features, though - it looks like they really put some thought into the design. The only thing I'd like to have seen is a DI out with ground lift and a little speaker sim smoothing as well.

/Andreas

You know - you're probably right. I'm betting this thing isn't a Tech 21 Bass Driver DI killer at all, which is what my bass player SHOULD be using at this point.

• Members

Originally posted by vigor&kandor

from what i have read this pedal total kills all other bass distortions. it can be light and overdrivey. it can be a super fuzz. some say it can do a pretty good Timmy C. impression. its a great thing for bass players.

i want one someday

where did you read that?

• Members
Originally posted by vigor&kandor

there was a big thread about it at talkbass. some guy on there has had one for a couple of monthes. he is a studio bassist and he was talking about how it could make a veriety of distortion sounds.

ahhh...hopefully he's not one of those fingerstyle, slap/pop 8 string potato shaped bass playing fusion rawkers.

marcr3.JPG

• Members
Originally posted by sense_of_henry

The pedal won't be able to do that by itself...although if you could see how it sounds, it would be quite a breakthrough for MXR.

Someone was badgering me yesterday about 'seeing' how an album or something sounded

Still not gotten it right :rolleyes:

David

• Members

Juan Alderette (Mars Volta) has had one on his board for probably a year or so. he has a prototype called the "fat fuzz". It was in an issue of bass guitar. i searched forever for an 'MXR fat fuzz" and could never find one. then i saw this pedal and everything is exactly the same as his except paint scheme. his was all black with white words-> see MXR M-80 bass DI for example.

Archived