gt6 four cable method issue

Sordid1

• Members

I have noticed lately that with my gt6 when i'm running the four cable method there is almost a little delay before the note i'm playing stops when I stop playing. It's a fraction of a second and isn't noticable in my band context but it's annoying. The amp doesn't do it when I just plug straight into the amp. I have all the setting setup like they recommend on bossgtcentral.com and i'm running all monster cables. Is this normal or is there something wrong with my gt6?

• Members

How long of a delay are we talking? If its something like 5msec, then thats probably acceptable for the gt-6. Mine had a very slight bit of delay, and was slightly longer if all effects and such were turned on.

Turn off all the effects on the gt-6. If it still has a long, very noticeable delay, something might be wrong with the gt-6. If the delay is really short, dont worry about it. If its noticeable in band context, then I would definitely start worrying

At the end of all my trouble trying to see if this was normal, i got rid of the gt-6 anyways. All the little plastic buttons were snapping in half for some reason (im gentle with them too)

• Members

Hey guys thanks for the replies, the delay is very short but it just drives me crazy. In a band setting you can't notice it. Wheresgrant, I am hoping to get a gt8 here really soon and i'm hoping it doesn't do the same thing. I use the four cable method and it always sounded great with my XXX and it sounds great with the JSX with the exception of that slight delay of the notes stopping. It does it with no effects whatsoever running and I have messed with everything trying to kill it. I think i'm going to go to GC and see if they will let me try out a gt8 with the 4cm and see if it does the same thing. It's a slight issue and i'm probably being too picky but once I noticed it it's bothered me ever since.

• Members

Originally posted by dot-dot-dot

So you didn't get the delay with the other amp?

The latency in the GT series should be no worse than standing another 6 feet away from your amp.

well I used to use a MXR gate and now I have a Rocktron hush so I think the gate might have killed what delay was there so I didn't notice it. When the gt6 isn't plugged in it stops immediately and I have messed with every setting on the thing. The only thing that cures it is turning down the drive on the odds but than that takes away from the sound so it's no good. It is a very short delay like I said but it's definitely there.

• Members

Originally posted by TrashFace

do you have your noise gate on? is it in the correct position i.e. not in the effects loop. try moving the gate in the effects order to the front of the amp.

No I don't use the noise gate because it sucks my tone.

Archived