Anybody else have a love/hate relationship with compressors?

papa taco

• Members

Today I freakin love my Barber Tone Press. Volume 3:00, Blend Maxed, Sustain at 1:00. Les Paul neck Seth Lover. Mesa Blue Angel set clean in simul-link mode. Dirty it up with a ZVex Super Duper. Nice, baby.

Other times, I'm thinking "Compression. Meh."

taco

• Members

Today my mindset it "{censored} subtle compression, I prefer the amp's natural characteristics not to be messed with. Fairly extreme compression where the front of the note just kind of flubs without much attack and there's the long swoosh of sustain after? That's {censored}ing beautiful."

:wave:

• Members

I really only like compression to set myself back in the mix a bit more. I hate it for leads because it kills all the dynamics. I've used em kind of opposite of a boost pedal. But thats when I use them. I was in a hate relationship so I sold mine, now i kinda want one. haha

• Members
Originally posted by jonny guitar

....she stills talks about you; with distain when I tell her about the bitch you left her for

Yeah, I miss that bitch. The Keeley has a tonne of character. So does the Barber though. I think the Barber is better for subtle compression kind of things and the Keeley is better for extreme compression as an effect (which is what I really enjoy today). So yeah. I miss that bitch today.

taco

• Members
Originally posted by papa taco

Keeley is better for extreme compression as an effect (which is what I really enjoy today)

taco

The external attack knob really makes a big difference for the light compression effect.; I think you would get along quite well now. I think the Barber is a pretty freaking nice pedal though and I love the idea of the wet/dry mix knob.

I rarely use the super squash but I am totally digging it with bridge pickup of tele into it and then into fuzz....massive sounding, crazy feedback laden ooze at very decent volume levels.

• Members
Originally posted by jonny guitar

The external attack knob really makes a big difference for the light compression effect.; I think you would get along quite well now. I think the Barber is a pretty freaking nice pedal though and I love the idea of the wet/dry mix knob.

I rarely use the super squash but I am totally digging it with bridge pickup of tele into it and then into fuzz....massive sounding, crazy feedback laden ooze at very decent volume levels.

I also give the Barber the Bang for the Buck award. ;)

taco

Archived