vote now: keep mesa blue angel or sell it and get a used jtm45ri?

papa taco

• Members
Originally posted by jonny guitar

:wave:

Haha. Actually, I'm in love with the Orville now. Tonally, I always preferred it to my tele thinline but I liked the feel and lightweight of the tele better. Now that I've played the Orville more recently, I've come to not mind the weight (it's a bit less than 9 lbs and I've got a really comfortable strap that makes all the difference) and I love the neck. The tele feels like a crickety toy in comparison.

I removed the pickguard from the Orville. It was creating some sort of static popping noise (as discussed in a thread a few weeks back). I might put the Seth Lover bridge back in it. The Seth Neck ain't going anywhere--it stays in the Orville. The Vintage Vibe P90 HB size might go into the tele thinline with a strat neck pickup (custom pickguard required of course). Or maybe I'll get a HSS style strat and drop the Vintage Vibe in that. We'll see.

taco

• Members
Originally posted by papa taco

:freak:

i will state here the mosvalve will become a tone secret for many a studio in the future
its a killer kick ass head , cleans are soooooooo goooood
better than the jtm45 by a mile, and as good as the BA

• Members

Good points. I'd probably just end up dumping a wadload of spunk to get KT-66's, MM Output Transformers, PTP kit, etc.

And boutique JTM45 clones cost a {censored}wadtitworth.

I do like the Blue Angel. It's not particularly pedal friendly, but the overdriven el84 tones kick ass and the clean when in simul-link mode is sweet too. The reverb is excellent. If I could somehow get a headshell for it for not too many bones or even swap my combo cab for a headcab with somebody that would be great.

taco

• Members

I got mine for $450, with MM OT, KT66s, all guts reworked with "vintage" carbon comp resistors, caps, magic smoke, all that {censored}. You just gotta be in the right place at the right time and not let GAS dictate your life.

Hell, weber sells a complete JTM45 kit for around $500 that is supposed to sound real nice. I'm drooling over their 100 watt plexi kit and the high power tweed twin... I'll let you know how hard they are to throw together if I snag one.

Originally posted by papa taco

Good points. I'd probably just end up dumping a wadload of spunk to get KT-66's, MM Output Transformers, PTP kit, etc.

And boutique JTM45 clones cost a {censored}wadtitworth.

I do like the Blue Angel. It's not particularly pedal friendly, but the overdriven el84 tones kick ass and the clean when in simul-link mode is sweet too. The reverb is excellent. If I could somehow get a headshell for it for not too many bones or even swap my combo cab for a headcab with somebody that would be great.

taco

• Members
Originally posted by RoboPimp

please make a clip, here's a clip of the clean tone of my JTM45 I wanna here something miles better than this:

click here

the only recorded tones i have are using a H&K tubeman

anyway ROBO i know better than entrering a musical dual with you

the mosvale sounds so much like a marshall but without the high mid, no offence on your amp at all mate, i just love slagging reissues tiz all. and giving tacos thread a kick start

• Members

uh huh

Originally posted by skatan

the only recorded tones i have are using a H&K tubeman

anyway ROBO i know better than entrering a musical dual with you

the mosvale sounds so much like a marshall but without the high mid, no offence on your amp at all mate, i just love slagging reissues tiz all. and giving tacos thread a kick start

• Members

please make a clip, here's a clip of the clean tone of my JTM45 I wanna here something miles better than this:

click here

Hey, Sorry......I didn't mean to say anything bad about your amp, I just didn't care for the one that I played (takes foot out of mouth and hides head in the sand)...............:thu: :thu:

• Members
Originally posted by skatan

i will state here the mosvalve will become a tone secret for many a studio in the future

its a killer kick ass head , cleans are soooooooo goooood

better than the jtm45 by a mile, and as good as the BA

:freak: :freak: :freak:

• Members

I got mine for $450, with MM OT, KT66s, all guts reworked with "vintage" carbon comp resistors, caps, magic smoke, all that {censored}. You just gotta be in the right place at the right time and not let GAS dictate your life.

Hell, weber sells a complete JTM45 kit for around $500 that is supposed to sound real nice. I'm drooling over their 100 watt plexi kit and the high power tweed twin... I'll let you know how hard they are to throw together if I snag one.

Well hell, no wonder it sounds so much beter than the one I played on........now it makes sense.:thu: :thu:

Archived