Post pictures of your "art" guitars (guitars you have aesthetically altered).

• Members

I came across this guitar by chance and the guy who sold it to me collected and made his own guitars, (he had many vintage strats)
...so he showed this guitar saying it was one of the first companys allowed to copy the strat...:rolleyes: He said it was made in 1961, on the underside of the neck where it bolts on is a #13 stamped on it, and I would not know if it's truth or what.
It had a white finish and I stripped it down to paint it black, then my dad got a hold of it and engraved some cool designs and I had him put a few more. It weighs a ton, playes ok.
I will try to get better pics in the future :o

• Members
Originally posted by amoodymule

I came across this guitar by chance and the guy who sold it to me collected and made his own guitars, (he had many vintage strats)

...so he showed this guitar saying it was one of the first companys allowed to copy the strat...
:rolleyes:
He said it was made in 1961, on the underside of the neck where it bolts on is a #13 stamped on it, and I would not know if it's truth or what.

It had a white finish and I stripped it down to paint it black, then my dad got a hold of it and engraved some cool designs and I had him put a few more. It weighs a ton, playes ok.

I will try to get better pics in the future
:o

that is basically the exact thing that i want to be doing with my guitar. yours is {censored}ing beautiful!:love:

• Members
Originally posted by cantoXIII

that is basically the exact thing that i want to be doing with my guitar. yours is {censored}ing beautiful!
:love:

Thank you, my dad does all kinds of kickass woodwork, and after I saw what he did with just the tongue oil, no more paint job for this one.

• Members
Originally posted by ColorsoundKid

This is an 80's Schecter PT Tele I decided to {censored} around with. That's a Frank Frazetta print I glued down to it. It has a light coating of clear-coat on the top.

Schecter2.jpg

Schecter4.jpg

I believe it was Jack Black who once said:

"Sometimes your heart cuts a fart. That's the cosmic shame..."

I keep looking at this guitar and I am a bit horrified. I dunno... Maybe if I put some decent pickups into it and played it a bit it would grow on me. As of now, it's for sale. PM me reasonable offers. It has a hardshell case, too.

• Members
Originally posted by ColorsoundKid

I believe it was Jack Black who once said:

"Sometimes your heart cuts a fart. That's the cosmic shame..."

I keep looking at this guitar and I am a bit horrified. I dunno... Maybe if I put some decent pickups into it and played it a bit it would grow on me. As of now, it's for sale. PM me reasonable offers. It has a hardshell case, too.

what happended to the comics? anything painted on a guitar is just metal or 80s van airbrush art. (sorry, guys.) even if it is painted by a comics artist.
rip that sucker off and put on Krazy Kat!

kat1001c.gif

• Members
Originally posted by GuyaGuy

what happended to the comics? anything painted on a guitar is just metal or 80s van airbrush art. (sorry, guys.) even if it is painted by a comics artist.

rip that sucker off and put on Krazy Kat!

kat1001c.gif

Yeah, I mean, I still have a bunch of the Mod Podge glue. I could strip it all off and start new. I will likely paint the backside of the body black, too.

Archived