anti-spy and virus programs!! ALERT!

stereotypy

• Members

i thought we could have a thread about that.. i actually have trouble with my computer again after haveing looked for a no-cd crack online..

so i started again downloading

- spyware search & destroy

- ad-aware personal se

the free-versions.

somehow there is popping up a window every few minutes telling me:

"message from the system to the administrator from the 22.04.2006 18:42:47

critical system failure! high risk infection found in the system registry! proceed immediately to www.regsaver.com to scan and repair your computer"

can anyone help me out what that means?!!

+ let us post some good + free anti-spy and virus programs!!!

thanks!

• Members
Originally posted by stereotypy

i thought we could have a thread about that.. i actually have trouble with my computer again after haveing looked for a no-cd crack online..

so i started again downloading

- spyware search & destroy

- ad-aware personal se

the free-versions.

somehow there is popping up a window every few minutes telling me:

"message from the system to the administrator from the 22.04.2006 18:42:47

critical system failure! high risk infection found in the system registry! proceed immediately to
www.regsaver.com
to scan and repair your computer"

can anyone help me out what that means?!!

+ let us post some good + free anti-spy and virus programs!!!

thanks!

Tell them to {censored} off...you probably have some kind of virus rojanmal-spyware on there. Don't click on the "regasaver: crap, that's for sure. Just update your defsig files and scan away.

• Members

I had the exact same errors after installing pirate win2000 on one computer. It never happened on another computer I installed the same windows on.

I tried adaware, spybot, registry mechanic, avast antivirus, disable error messages in control panel.

I went to windows update and updated all I could, that solved it.

It's defintely not Alexa, I get that all the time.

• Members
Originally posted by Andersonology

Tell them to {censored} off...you probably have some kind of virus rojanmal-spyware on there. Don't click on the "regasaver: crap, that's for sure. Just update your defsig files and scan away.

I had a vicious virus infection some time back...these "freeware" pgms are very tricky. Do not click on the regasaver link, it's a hook, they'll scan your system tell you that it found viri and then sell you the module to "clean it up"...also be very leary of EULA (end user license agreement) windows that popup when you do any "freeware" installs...scroll down to the bottom to see if by signifying "Yes" you agree to download some other program that wasn't initially presented to you...good luck with it...

:cool:

• Members

Yeah - AVG is good - and free for personal use.

Comcast, AOL, Netscape and many others have free anti-virus programs as part of their service.

Spybot and Ad-Aware are great programs. There are some current trojans/viruses that disable them....Hit the forums for info on this.

Some trojans can hide in legitimate programs. Also - if you have system restore enabled - some trojans will reside in your "backup" files. They reinstall every time you boot up. You need to disconnect from the internet, disable your system restore - then do the scans. If everything comes back clean, re-enable the sys restore then reconnect.

If it still comes back - you likely have something more involved.
Time for a program called "Hijack This" from Merjin....post the results online and some kind soul will analyze it for you.

Archived