Marilyn Manson - Mechanical Animals...great guitar album

• Members

I like all of MM's stuff (the earlier stuff is a bit silly though), but this is my favorite album of theirs. Amazing guitar work, lyrics, textures, and production throughout this album. Does anyone else agree? Anyone know what gear was being used in the studio on this album?

Strip away their makeup and the preconceptions you have about MM and you're left with one of the best rock albums of the 90's.

I put the next one "Holy Wood" as a close second, a bit more nihlistic and heavy but still quite good.

• Members

I guess the polished production and spaced-out atmosphere of Mechanical Animals appeals to me more sonically than Antichrist Superstar. The latter album having a more dirty "descent into hell" atmosphere to it. I still like that album alot too though.

And yes, there is a big Bowie/T. Rex influence on Mechanical Animals but I don't see why that's such a bad thing. There's really no blatant rewriting of songs that I can hear besides maybe "I don't like the drugs" being similar to Bowie's "Fame".

• Members

everything MM does is good. I love the evil pop sound of the new album

Guitarwise they're all good. Different in their own way. I dig the rawness if their first guitarist. And I like the industrial meets hillbilly quality of John 5

Archived