pictures from band practice! (lots 'o gear)

• Members

I saw you have a memory lane delay? any good.

I use the Line6 DL4 for the moment, but i am searching for something else. I prefer an analog delay with tap tempo that could occilate by itself, the memory lane is on my wishlist, but is it worth the money?

Pellek

• Members

now i understand why you have so much goddamn gear - you actually work at a music store.

this makes a lot of sense.

that practice space looks REALLY loud, with all those steel shelves, concrete and flight cases.

ouch.

• Members
Where the hell do you practice? The Edges storage unit?

we jam in a sound company storage warehouse. lots of space, and lots of gear. although we need to setup/tear down each jam. that gets old.

Edge is the name of the band?

mp3s?

does the other guitar player post in this forum. His pedalboard looks like he does.

edge is the name of the place we jam.

no mp3's yet. we have 5-6 songs, no vox yet. an unfortunately slow process.

the other gtr player does post here. rarely. his sn is iFishbulb. he really only posts when someone is having comp. probs.

I saw you have a memory lane delay? any good.

I use the Line6 DL4 for the moment, but i am searching for something else. I prefer an analog delay with tap tempo that could occilate by itself, the memory lane is on my wishlist, but is it worth the money?

i took a DL4 off for the memory lane. mine was getting funky. you needed to hit the switch a few times to engage the delay, and every so often the tap tempo would change speeds on its own, creating the sound of moving a delay speed knob. not pleasant.

last nite was my first jam with the ML. sounded good. i have the expression pedal for feedback control, which is cool, but im really missing the 3 settings of delay crap. if you only need/want 1 delay, and you want a good analog tone, the ML is the way to go. oscillations are weak though.

looks kinda like the stockroom of a guitar center......

agreed. unfortunately its all sound gear, and not too much gtr gear.

Wow - nice gear and pedal boards! Looks like you have tone for days!

thanks lavaman. you're sn makes me think you're a superhero. perhaps just a tonal superhero :)
i've gotta say, im pretty damned satisfied with my tones at this point. despite the fact that there is 20+ pedals on the board ;)

PM5D?

Yup..good eye...{censored}ing awesome board. they just bought 2 of them for a ridiculous sum of money. we were {censored}ing with it, and brought up the settings from the All American Rejects/Fall Out Boy show last week. my buddy (our bass player) is getting some good gigs. possibly doin springsteen comin up. last summer he was flown to NYC to do BB king and Fogerty.

now i understand why you have so much goddamn gear - you actually work at a music store.

this makes a lot of sense.

that practice space looks REALLY loud, with all those steel shelves, concrete and flight cases.

ouch.

Well, i did actually work at a music store for 8 years. worst store ever, i didnt' really get much gear, outside of strings, and misc parts. i have a lot of gear because i have a problem. i need help. im actually goin through a bit of a purge right now, selling various things i dont use. its weird.

the spot isn't horribly loud. we are. :) we occasionally put up drape if it isn't out at a gig. it helps out quite a bit, but its just extra work to do, so it doesn't happen often.

• Members

yo dood....thus far, the pog has been cutting perfectly. i dont use it for any heavy parts, more of the organy synthy soft stuff. i enjoy it a lot. it outted the octron.

i am really digging the hiwatt. really, seriously, truly loving that thing. i sold the plexi (pictured) to get it, and to my ear, its much more suitable for what i like to do. our bass player called it a tone machine.

for dirt, i have the FD2 green channel on all the time. for thicker parts i sometimes kick on the boost. for all out distortion i hit the Klon. ill shoot you an email w/ a tonal example.

• Members

There are some settings to change on the PM5D. Do these or be hosed:

1. increase the number of "back's" you can go.
2. set it so that when you recall it asks if you are sure? I got hosed big time with this.
3. Get a UPS, and watch out the friggin' power supply plug comes out quite easily.

Cool board, I have used it a lot for monitors and for that it works great in some respects (total recall of a mix and all the graphics) but sucks for the 5 people asking for 5 things simultaneously.

• Members
Originally posted by gregovertone

:)
your gear knowledge never ceases to amaze me.

i just passed the word along. that board is way over my head. its a very recent addition to their rig. i know they have a UPS for both of them. beyond that......i don't know {censored}
:D

There are some other things that I forget. They have used one for about a year at a club I work at a lot. Great board, best to use it for the graphics so that you go from board to crossovers. Makes doing monitors a lot more fun. Keyboard and mouse help too.

• Members
Did you, by any chance, tested a carl martin delayla XL?

nope-- sorry dood. i hear good things though.

any sound clips of the band?

working on it. i have a couple stereo micing inst. recordings of practice......but they aren't anything special. furthermore, i dont have a place to host them, yet.
soon enough :)

awesome dude !!!

thanks, gear whore. our rigs are getting mighty similar, but i need more fenders, and you need more gibsons ;)

really cool. you need to get over the gibson thing but still really cool ;-)

ha. it was a gibson nite last nite. i have been rockin my 52 ri tele a lot too. on occasion, i but out my semi hollow prs cu22, but thats not really the sound im lookin for right now.

dude... is that an ampeg V-4B folded horn 2x15 cab your bassist is using? if so, damn, that thing was not fun to lug up and down flights of stairs when we played shows...

no sir....its an anniversary RI 8x10 cab from the mid 90's. still 100+lbs. its a {censored}in beast.

• Members
Whats the Lehle loopbox like compared to the loooper ?

Ive got my Lehle fixed in Germany and its on its way home now....i havent decided if im gonna use it or a loopbox speedemon made for me.

kickass-- i hope it works this time 'round. :D

you know the parts and construction. its a pretty innovative design.

it is noticeably quiet. quieter, at least. the pre-gain controls to balancing levels is nice. no popping when engaging.

i dig it.

• Members
Originally posted by gregovertone

kickass-- i hope it works this time 'round.
:D

you know the parts and construction. its a pretty innovative design.

it is noticeably quiet. quieter, at least. the pre-gain controls to balancing levels is nice. no popping when engaging.

i dig it.

cool ! :)

Archived