Do you think Z-Vex could have saved Cobain?

HMCMedic

• Members

Originally posted by The Honourable MOC

Chuck Norris was the only one that could have saved him.
:)

I heard the same Pumpkin rumour. But it's just Corgan and Chamberlain with Auf Der Maur (sp?), no Iha.

Chuck's a Republican though............so he would have tried to get him to hang out with Ted Nugent and then it would have been all over.

• Members

Corgan had a fuzz probe and an octane, at least, and that didn't save the Pumpkins.

Cobain wasn't so much about the sound of his guitar as the sound of his voice and his lyrics, to me. Billy... well let's just say his songs benefit from effects, i think. 8^)

• Members

Corgan is well aware of Zvex, apparantly.

No offense to Zvex, of course, but Cobain probably would have hated his effects. He might not think they were bad, per se, but too expensive. Cobain just liked using cheap stuff. With all the money he had, he was still using the same cheapo gear in the studio. He probably did it out of spite, too. :p

Originally posted by Esperanto

Has anybody seen the Gus Van Sant movie about Cobain called Last Days?

Cobain is playing Line6 gear that didn't even exist at the time.

The movie wasn't supposed to ACTUALLY be about Kurt, just a rock star. (Although, obviously, Kurt was pretty much the basis of the movie.) So it really didn't matter what gear the guy used.

• Members

Originally posted by Klisk

Corgan is well aware of Zvex, apparantly.

No offense to Zvex, of course, but Cobain probably would have hated his effects. He might not think they were bad, per se, but too expensive. Cobain just liked using cheap stuff. With all the money he had, he was still using the same cheapo gear in the studio. He probably did it out of spite, too.
:p

The movie wasn't supposed to ACTUALLY be about Kurt, just a rock star. (Although, obviously, Kurt was pretty much the basis of the movie.) So it really didn't matter what gear the guy used.

are you for real?

• Members

I think I could have saved him. I would have taken the gun when he wasn't looking and hid it in a closet. Then I'd tell him to take it easy on the drugs. He would have appreciated the kindness and probably go for a walk or see a movie or something.

• Members

Saved Cobain from what? Where exactly would he fit in todays music scene? You make it sound like he'd be doing his own thing and getting on with it like Dave Grohl. No chance. Also with him still alive his album sales would have suffered immensly.

• Members

Originally posted by Seth Carmody

Naaa...Cobain wasn't exactly an effects nut. Boss distortion and Chorus. You can't even hear the Big Muff on Breed it's that far back...

Well he did use the Polychorus and the Sansamp for the In Utero tour along with the DS-2 and Small Clone, but yeah, not exactly somebody that was going to pay for ZVEX effects.

Why don't we just blame his death on Courtney and get it over with. Works for me. Nobody is getting saved from that crazy biatch.

• Members

Originally posted by percyexpat

or just another pixies type cant be bothered to be here but weve run out of money tour?

Did you happen to see the Pixies reunion tour? I did and it was {censored}ing amazing. They might have done it for the money, but they still kicked ass.

Pumpkins...meh.

Archived