Pete Cornish Tape Echo Simulator

sub rosa

• Members

Yeap if its just a modded DD-2 you are right.. but it aint it.. thats the point, so dont confuse the two.

You got to add, silent switching, hifi RF filter, Unity gain buffer, AC mains conversion with toroidal coil and TES simulator treble roll off make it a hell of a lot more than just that... I have both and the difference is a totlay different unit and one which is noticably quieter.

If the lack of noise alone compared to most Pedals is very importance especially if you like a pritine clean delay tone.

I am sure the Memory Lane is a nice pedal I dont have one to compare directly, but dont beleive that the TES isnt a great sounding pedal.

I have a rack TC2290, a Korg SDD3000, a EH Deluxe Memory Man, a Boss DD2, Boss DM2, a Line 6 DL4 an Eventide Eclipse, a Yamaha SPX 1000 and I've had had a load of other delays units, and this TES stacks up to the TC2290 or the Korg SDD3000.

Its a premium unit so I wouldnt confuse it these threads are dumb, also I dont think Pete sells them for $1500, its around US$1100 retail, but the wait list pushes up the second hand market.

Just a point of clarity.

Its a unit for pro's so if you aint I guess its hard to justfy the price.

Cheers

MS

• Members

Originally posted by michael_smurphy

Yeap if its just a modded DD-2 you are right.. but it aint it.. thats the point, so dont confuse the two.

You got to add, silent switching, hifi RF filter, Unity gain buffer, AC mains conversion with toroidal coil and TES simulator treble roll off make it a hell of a lot more than just that... I have both and the difference is a totlay different unit and one which is noticably quieter.

If the lack of noise alone compared to most Pedals is very importance especially if you like a pritine clean delay tone.

I am sure the Memory Lane is a nice pedal I dont have one to compare directly, but dont beleive that the TES isnt a great sounding pedal.

I have a rack TC2290, a Korg SDD3000, a EH Deluxe Memory Man, a Boss DD2, Boss DM2, a Line 6 DL4 an Eventide Eclipse, a Yamaha SPX 1000 and I've had had a load of other delays units, and this TES stacks up to the TC2290 or the Korg SDD3000.

Its a premium unit so I wouldnt confuse it these threads are dumb, also I dont think Pete sells them for $1500, its around US$1100 retail, but the wait list pushes up the second hand market.

Just a point of clarity.

Its a unit for pro's so if you aint I guess its hard to justfy the price.

Cheers

MS

good post....stupid {censored}ing people always say "oh i can build that for 50 bucks"...no you cant, youre a stupid {censored} with a penisbrain.

/ tourette

• Members

Originally posted by dot-dot-dot

More for the experience behind the name - my guess is that Pete has plenty of work, and sets his prices to control demand. Good on him.

:thu:

Pete is one hell of a guy.

Can't believe he is getting slagged off!?

:rolleyes:

• Members

Originally posted by ollenorin

good post....stupid {censored}ing people always say "oh i can build that for 50 bucks"...no you cant, youre a stupid {censored} with a penisbrain.

/ tourette

:thu: :thu: :thu: :thu: :thu: :thu:

• Members

yeah and England will be mashed to atoms by Swedish Vikings in World Cup..Cheers to That ADOLF !
:D:thu:

We shall see buddy, we shall see!

:thu: :thu:

Silly Bunt!

:wave:

I have vacation time booked and CRATES OF BEER!

My closest friend is an Argie so, we will be gatting hammered every day watching this {censored}!

:thu:

• Members

yeah and England will be mashed to atoms by Swedish Vikings in World Cup..Cheers to That ADOLF !
:D:thu:

Even I will be cheering on the Swedes against the 'girly men' from Blighty.:D

• Members

Originally posted by badmuddy

i was told he also replaces the a/d/d/a converters & clock to pro recording quality; if THAT'S the case, all bets are off! that's your $1100 right THERE, & barely.

Having completely investigated how the AD>DA works in a DD-2, let's just say that unless you can reprogram a 20 year old chip, which is proprietary (meaning you'd have to reverse engineer the software in it as well) replacing the AD>DA is completely out of the question.

What it boils down to is one part is doing two things that two parts should do, and that is controlled by software. Without replacing the software, you cannot put in those two parts.

Given that the quoted $1100US price of a TES is right around what PC charges for one of his AC powered wahs, I doubt there's any AD>DA replacement going on.

• Members

Originally posted by 4Kenoath

Even I will be cheering on the Swedes against the 'girly men' from Blighty.
:D

Uh! Huh!

I see how you are!

WE WILL CRUSH ALL BEFORE US!

:confused: :confused:

• Members

Originally posted by RossCompress

I didn't know that he customized each unit....since some dealers have them....not sure how he taylored them in that case..... maybe in those cases he has a universal setup.

rk

ARE YOU EVER SENDING IN THAT AMP?

:wave:

Archived