I got another marshall.

MattCrane

• Members

Originally posted by MattCrane

I now own two marshall jmp nk2 but my new one will totaly need a new cab. The guy who owned it before me cut out the front and put plexi glass. and tried painting marshall on it with white out.

Aww, some people's kids, huh?

:)

I hope the restoration process goes well. Are both amps running the same kinds of tubes? (6650's or EL34's?)

What kind of speakers are in your current cab? My JMPmkII likes my G12H30's. I'm interested in what a G12-65 or a Greenback would sound like though...

• Members

I know mine i have now has been reupulstered. before it was ugly woods. Plus its not painted its just a cut up marshall logo. I have a 4x12 greenback cab. It sounds great. But my amp tech did a little mod on my amp. He really needs to mod it back. i run el34s.

• Members

I switched mine to EL34's too. I'm running a G12H30 2x12 and I really like it. Compared to Greenbacks, I'd say they're a little more "full-range" or "open" sounding--they definitely have a nice sounding top end. I'd love to own an older Greenback cab own day, but for what I do, it does really well...

I'd say they're worth a shot--probably the next logical step from Greenbacks. Make sure you crank 'em for a week though, because they definitely need to break-in...

• Members

Originally posted by The*Ataris

I switched mine to EL34's too. I'm running a G12H30 2x12 and I really like it. Compared to Greenbacks, I'd say they're a little more "full-range" or "open" sounding--they definitely have a nice sounding top end. I'd love to own an older Greenback cab own day, but for what I do, it does really well...

I'd say they're worth a shot--probably the next logical step from Greenbacks. Make sure you crank 'em for a week though, because they definitely need to break-in...

My JMP through my g12h-30 THD 2x12 is pretty monstrous. Excellent tones...

I have a 70s 4x12 with late era rolas with black stickers and a regular 4x12 1960 with G12Ts. I will keep the G12Ts because, to be honest, they are damn versatile and can cop a loud clean tone when I want it. I do, however, wanna get a 4x12 loaded with greenbacks or maybe g12h30s, too.

• 1 month later...
  • Members

Originally posted by MattCrane

A few questions.

A. Whats the best place to buy marshall parts.

B. Would it be wise to plug this 100 watt head into my 4x12 greenback cab?

c. HoW m

A. no idea

B. yes (i do that all the time ;))

C. O_o

Archived