Buzz Feiten question....

I've got a '95 Am Std Strat with the Buzz Feiten system installed. Nice guitar - got it in a trade with a friend of mine. But the wiring has been hacked up a bit (when he installed some Texas Specials) and I need to redo that. But the issue that concerns me is the Buzz Feiten system. The guitar is playing a bit too low (action-wise) for my tastes, and I am going to have to do a slight truss rod and bridge height adjustment.

If I do, am I going to wack out the Buzz Feiten tweaks? Does anyone know the correct proceedures and precautions for adjusting a guitar with the BF system installed on it?

Thanks for any suggestions / advice.

PS - the thing plays remarkably well insofar as tuning and intonation. :thu:

• Members

that sort of adjustment will throw the plank out of intonation. from my understanding, you have to redo the intonation with a tuner equipped with the feiten temper (like some peterson tuners).

i also suggest crossposting over at TGP, as there are some experienced feiten-users over there.

• Members

Phil,

Just like with any standard guitar setup, adjusting the truss rod or bridge/saddles will require final intonation adjustments. With the Buzz System, there are offsets to use when intonating AND offsets to use when tuning (both need to be factored for proper setup) I have the offset settings if you need them. I use a Peterson 490ST due to it's accuracy.

I believe there's another new post or two since your last one Rich. I've got to get some clips up and then the wrap-up and conclusions. The clips are going to probably come down to me doing them, or having one of my clients do them =- getting volunteers scheduled in has proven problematic, although I'm still open to it if anyone wants to come out.

I'm really sorry for the delay brother - but look on the bright side - it's more time for your reviews to sit stickied at the top of the page, and more exposure. :)

Archived