Difference between MXR distortion+? (years of manufacture)

IKE

• Members

I know that Dunlop makes them now, and I know the old ones are script logo. How about the ones pre-dunlop that are not script logo, are they any better than the dunlop ones are, are they worth more?

• Members
Originally posted by ChitownTerror

Kinda unrelated, but I've never even heard a distortion +. Who uses them? Are they worth checking out? I've heard they're related somehow to the old tan Ross Distortion pedal.

Randy used them :o

• Members

the new ones are horrible horrible horrible. Absolutely no usable tones in there. And i HATE Randy's tone anyway, so it was a complete waste of money in general for me to buy that pedal. I thought it would give me a good 70's crunch. Man was i wrong. CRAP:o

• Members

Kinda unrelated, but I've never even heard a distortion +. Who uses them? Are they worth checking out? I've heard they're related somehow to the old tan Ross Distortion pedal.

Ben Gibbard of DCFC uses one. It's a vintage though.

Too bad he's a sell-out! Indie kids unite!

• Members

Hm... Like "Crazy Train" Randy Rhoads?

How terrible are we talking? Can it sound so awful it's good, like the Ibanez LA Metal pedals?

the one I tried was almost RATlike but not as good.

• Members

it looses low-end with higher gain settings, can barely reach unity gain in terms of volume.

And I've owned 3 different vintage Block logo ones (2 pre-LED), and they all shared these issues.

I keep 1 for collectability reasons, but I'd never gig with it.
Marshall Guv'nor or an Ibanez SM9 is a far better medium/high gain distortion.

Archived