Bob McBroom Retires

• Members

OK to my dismay I have been informed that co-builder Bob McBroom will be retiring and not building any more pedals.

For those that may not know the story.

Bob was the original Badboy PedalworX guitar whiz and pedal builder and basically the best guy anybody could have ever linked up with. He has also been the best 1/2 of PedalworX and a real pro through out the years and great inspiration to me.

I am saddened to see him go and only hope that one day he may return. The door will forever be left open to Bob.

Regards,

George

WWW.PedalworX.com

• Members

So he was the one making all the Tone Factor pedals? Bugger!

I bought one of the original McFuzz's from him about 3 years ago...ended up selling it because I guess so far, fuzz ain't my bag, but it was a nice pedal though. Guy I sold it to was real happy with it.

Good luck to him.:thu:

• Members

Whatever Bob decides to do I wish him all the best!

You`ve been a good man to the pedalworld, Bob.

Owner of

McBoost, McSqueeze, Neo, Neo BB, Bender, Slow Burn 1 and 2

And a TTS, but that`s Georges` baby.

Always thought I should get a McFuzz.

• Members

Originally posted by Guitar George

OK to my dismay I have been informed that co-builder Bob McBroom will be retiring and not building any more pedals.

For those that may not know the story.

Bob was the original Badboy PedalworX guitar whiz and pedal builder and basically the best guy anybody could have ever linked up with. He has also been the best 1/2 of PedalworX and a real pro through out the years and great inspiration to me.

I am saddened to see him go and only hope that one day he may return. The door will forever be left open to Bob.

Regards,

George

WWW.PedalworX.com

thanx for keeping in contact with me. it is a bittersweet retirement, as you know bob and i spoke several times last night via e. mail,

as you and i did! i'm proud to own pedalworx, and will never let them go.stay

in touch george, and thanks for the e. mails

it's in bobs blood, i'm glad the door remains open. all the best, Aldo............

• Members

Originally posted by DaSkip

Happy Retirement, Bob. I hope you find other projects that interest you.

skip

skip!:wave: no, it ain't goin down like that! bob,

HAS to make pedals, if i have to go to alabama to

slap sum bitch in him, no happy retirement from me!:eek: jes da way it is skip!:)

• Members

I knew this from an email I got from Bob McBroom about a week ago. It is important to remember that all of us have lives outside of this little corner of the internet and that the tragedies, losses, job changes, relationships, etc can have profound effects on all of us in the real world outside of this forum.

Bob McBroom is an inspiration that cannot be overlooked. He, and others like him -will forever hold a special place in my heart - because of the superb tone machines they have worked hard and for very little if any profit to put at our feet - for their sheer love and dedication to music and to THE tone. I will forever keep everything he made for me and cherish it for the gift that it is.

These simple tonal wonders represent years of sweat, toiling into the wee hours - letting relationships suffer, their performance at their real full time day jobs - working into the night when they should be sleeping and re-energizing themselves to deal with just day to day life and all the stresses that can come with it. I salute Bob McBroom and say thank you my dear friend for all THE tone.

One of the last things Bob said to me was that he would still finish my very special Blues for Bobbie pedals that I consigned with him to do for me after my brother died last June. He also stated he would not charge me for them. I say to you right here right now Bob McBroom - when the time allows for you to complete these - I will be paying you very well for these tributes to my brother and the decades of music and friendship he brought to and shared with me. The gift you bring is well worth every single dollar spent - and these pedals will be priceless...

I will pay you my friend because I simply cannot accept this level of kindness and love without compensation for all that you have given to each of us over the years - and especially for the joy and delight and wonder you have brought to my music.

Take care my friend and we will talk down the road apiece. My thoughts, prayers and best wishes shall follow you through your days..

With much respect,

Rev

• Members

Originally posted by 1DZReverendDavidLee

I knew this from an email I got from Bob McBroom about a week ago. It is important to remember that all of us have lives outside of this little corner of the internet and that the tragedies, losses, job changes, relationships, etc can have profound effects on all of us in the real world outside of this forum.

Bob McBroom is an inspiration that cannot be overlooked. He, and others like him -will forever hold a special place in my heart - because of the superb tone machines they have worked hard and for very little if any profit to put at our feet - for their sheer love and dedication to music and to THE tone. I will forever keep everything he made for me and cherish it for the gift that it is.

These simple tonal wonders represent years of sweat, toiling into the wee hours - letting relationships suffer, their performance at their real full time day jobs - working into the night when they should be sleeping and re-energizing themselves to deal with just day to day life and all the stresses that can come with it. I salute Bob McBroom and say thank you my dear friend for all THE tone.

One of the last things Bob said to me was that he would still finish my very special Blues for Bobbie pedals that I consigned with him to do for me after my brother died last June. He also stated he would not charge me for them. I say to you right here right now Bob McBroom - when the time allows for you to complete these - I will be paying you very well for these tributes to my brother and the decades of music and friendship he brought to and shared with me. The gift you bring is well worth every single dollar spent - and these pedals will be
priceless...

I will pay you my friend because I simply cannot accept this level of kindness and love without compensation for all that you have given to each of us over the years - and especially for the joy and delight and wonder you have brought to my music.

Take care my friend and we will talk down the road apiece. My thoughts, prayers and best wishes shall follow you through your days..

With much respect,

Rev

rev! if i was a girl you would steal my heart!

:love: you can write. fact is though, bob is not, or will not be happy without building pedals, i wish him the best as you do, but rest assured after bob works things out in

his life, he will be back.

aldo...........

Archived