DIYers: experience with Futurlec?

mumford

• Members

I ordered 2 kinds of angled plugs from them.

2 months after I had ordered I had not recieved my order. I emailed them, they said 1 of the types was out of stock and they'd send the part of the order that they had. So, I got half of the order 1 1/2 weeks after that and I never got the other plugs. I ordered like 5 months ago.

• Members

You'll find many posts about them on diystompboxes.com.

My experience with them is that one should not order things from them that one needs by a certain date.

This is not because they are always slow, or even slow most of the time. They sometimes take a long time to fill an order, and their communication is abysmal. It's a roll of the dice.

For hobby work, I like their resistor assortments.

For production work, they have great prices on film caps, and their PCB service is great.

If you have a one-off project, Small Bear is a much better bet. If you need to stock up, Futurlec are okay; Mouser solid as a rock.

• Members

They take forever to ship...I think they ship from like Australia or something.

If you make big orders they apparently really take care of you (probably anything over about $70).

But they do take a while to get you what you ordered.

• Members
Originally posted by mumford

Mr Sage, I always read your posts in a Gob voice.

"Michael, tricks are something a hooker does for money." (sees kids) "Or cocaine..."

:thu:

You're the second person who's said that.

Michael: Well you certainly haven't been shopping, all I found in the refrigerator was a dead dove in a bag...

Gob: You didn't eat that did you? 'Cause I only got a couple of days left to return it.

• Members

I consider myself personally responsable for the cancellation of that show. Anytime I like a show, it is guaranteed to be cancelled. My wife constantly tells me to watch more tv so they can cancel all the rotten shows.

• Members

I ordered a bunch of their grab bags. Specifically the resistor and capacitor packs. Shipping was actually pretty quick for me, about the same length of time to get across the border as mouser or smallbear.

• Members

I have ordered from them once, got everything I ordered, got it quite fast and inexpensively.

I have another order in at the moment, we'll see what happens I guess.

Do they sell 1/4" jacks and plugs on their site, I couldn't find them anyway.

• Members

Originally posted by mumford

I consider myself personally responsable for the cancellation of that show. Anytime I like a show, it is guaranteed to be cancelled. My wife constantly tells me to watch more tv so they can cancel all the rotten shows.

Theres no way you could watch that much television.

• Members

Another good experience from them- fast shipping, everything clearly marked, cheap as heck- I was looking to stock up on parts, and their assortments were cheap as heck- super cheap neutrik style plugs too- but I need to get some canare cable, so haven't used them.

They are NOT specifically for audio, so it can be hard to find some obvious things from them- like footswitches and enclosures. I did find 1/4" jacks, though. . .

• Members

Originally posted by RoboPimp

I have ordered from them once, got everything I ordered, got it quite fast and inexpensively.

I have another order in at the moment, we'll see what happens I guess.

Do they sell 1/4" jacks and plugs on their site, I couldn't find them anyway.

i think they only sell the plastic ones.

They do have pots dirt cheap if you dont mind not having solder lugs.

Archived