[OT] William Shatner is a terrible artist...

• Members

William Shatner has done what 99% of most actors have never done. He's become a Television legend with Star Trek tv shows in the 60's, Star Trek cartoons in the 70's, TJ Hooker in the 80's and Denny Crane in the 2000's.

He's stared in the Star Trek movies ( all classics ) ... who can forget his great lines like "Klingon bastards killed my son" or "KAAAAAAAAAHN !!!!"

He's one of the best guests ever on the Howard Stern show.

And most importantly the songs. His cover of "Lucy in the Sky w/Diamonds" is a campy classic, and "Common People" is great. It's a great song and perfomed masterfully.

• Members

Shatner's album "The Transformed Man" is an absolute classic, I give it a play once a year for the comedy value.

From a music and effects point of view it has some great phycedelic effects going on. And the way he takes himself so seriously when singing Shakespeare to 60's lounge music has to be heard to be believed.... put your beer down first though, don't want to stain the carpet !!

If you can check out him and Nimoy's reworking of the Andy Williams classic "Music to watch girls by" called "music to watch space girls by " - truely shocking but classic at the same time.

• Members
Originally posted by Hessian

Deception can play a big part of art. Shatner has convinced many people that he is an artist, despite all evidence to the contrary. Therefore, Shatner is a fantastic artist.

man... that was deep, man...

:o

• Members
Originally posted by Sister Saviour

But
this
Pulp cover is possibly the best thing I have ever heard. Plus its got Joe Jackson and Ben Folds playing.

It's worth watching all the way through to see Jackson trying to cope with Shatner's terrible sense of rhythm. Nice delivery though
:D

That man is a talent AND, appears NOT to take himself too seriously...BRILLIANT!
Beam me up Scotty!
:wave: :wave:
I HAVE TO LISTEN TO THE REAL VERSION NOW....POOR BILL....TIME KEEPING EH?

• Members
Originally posted by Fourth Floor

BTW, The Joe Jackson bit is horrible. I want to hear Shatner doing that bit. Proper singing on a Shatner record is wrong. Unless it's the backing singers (see Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds).

It is funny!
:wave: :wave:

Archived