MURCH33 how you liking your MAYO??

• Members

I noticed you're selling your ICBM. I just ordered a new Mayo with the flat mid mod and I'm guessing I'll be selling my ICBM soon too!

Did you get the classic or flat mod?

Got any clips??

Thanks.

:wave:

• Members

It's ph-ph-ph-phenomenal! I ordered mine before he started offering the flat mids as a standard option (I think...), so I'm assuming it's the classic scooped version.

It sounds very much like the Zero, only much less biting. It can go harsh if you dime the tone knob, but it's so fat and smooth with the tone around noon.... Oh, I love it. I don't need harsh from it anyway. That's what the Zero's for.

There's nothing at all wrong with the ICBM. I think it's a great pedal as well. But I actually bought them on the same day, and I pretty much knew at the time that I'd have the ICBM just to tide me over until the Mayo got here. Plus I just realized that 3 fuzzes and 4-5 delays on my board is a bit excessive, so I'm trying to simplify a bit.

• Members

It's ph-ph-ph-phenomenal! I ordered mine before he started offering the flat mids as a standard option (I think...), so I'm assuming it's the classic scooped version.

Sweet! I listened to the clips for flat vs classic, and I preferred the flat. I'm sure I can always scoop it a bit at the amp if I need that tone.

gr8fuldodd: as far as the ICBM goes, it is a great pedal and I've really enjoyed it. I'm just looking for something with more of a "wall of fuzz" sound. I may keep the ICBM too and sell my Keeley TS9 as I never really use it. I get my OD from my amps and use a boost when I need more.

• Members
Originally posted by gr8fuldodd

I'm going to hope it's simply a matter of taste

I have an ICBM coming

Again, the ICBM is still a great pedal. If I don't find a buyer for it I'm not going to be shedding any tears. I don't *need* it at this point, which is the only reason I'm selling it.

• Members
Originally posted by murch33

Again, the ICBM is still a great pedal. If I don't find a buyer for it I'm not going to be shedding any tears. I don't *need* it at this point, which is the only reason I'm selling it.

that's what happend with mine. in a 2 weeks time it had not been sold so i thought thanks and kept it since.. ;)

Archived