Weekly spam thread - 5-1-06

• Members
Originally posted by jkleeks

lovepedal magicboy vibe - this pedal has been rehoused, 3 leds added, ac tap added, painted with a very cool cosmic scene, the large knob is shaped like the sun, the trem knob on the inside of the pedal which tempers the sensitivity of the vibe has been added to the outside and emulates the moon. the mods were done by josh "the fx doctor"

vibe2.jpg
vibe1.jpg

asking 210 shipped

pm'd about this wonderful looking vibe!!

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Pedal Spam:

Digitech Whammy: 9/10 condish. The reissue with the divebomb feature and midi capable. No manual or original box, but I do have the power supply. $150 shipped CONUS

Line 6 Echo Park Delay: 9/10 condish. again, no manual or original box. $75 shipped CONUS

Boss DD3: 8/10 condish. Lightly used, never gigged. No box or manual. $75 shipped CONUS.

Sure SS5H Microphone (its been in the sig for what seems like forever) 8/10 condish. Gigged twice, singer decided its not for her. These sell for $160-175 new, Selling mine for $100 shipped Conus (I may be able to find the manual and original box...).

Will consider interesting trades, but I need cash most of all. Prices negotiable, make me an offer, and see how desperate I am on that day...

• Members
Originally posted by thriftyshirt

Pedal Spam:

Digitech Whammy: 9/10 condish. The reissue with the divebomb feature and midi capable. No manual or original box, but I do have the power supply. $150 shipped CONUS

Line 6 Echo Park Delay: 9/10 condish. again, no manual or original box. $75 shipped CONUS

Boss DD3: 8/10 condish. Lightly used, never gigged. No box or manual. $75 shipped CONUS.

Sure SS5H Microphone (its been in the sig for what seems like forever) 8/10 condish. Gigged twice, singer decided its not for her. These sell for $160-175 new, Selling mine for $100 shipped Conus (I may be able to find the manual and original box...).

Will consider interesting trades, but I need cash most of all. Prices negotiable, make me an offer, and see how desperate I am on that day...

PMed. :thu:

• Members
Originally posted by AmpliFIRE

Yamaha UD Stomp: $325 shipped CONUS...the pedal is in MINT condition and comes with the original box, paperwork and power supply.

Will consider a DD20 + cash
:thu:

I also have a Vox v847 in Limited Edition Union Jack finish: $85 shipped conus

5b_1.JPG

• Members

Howdy gang,
Scrounging for vacation money, deals would have to be completed by monday as the wife and I are going on vacation a week from monday. Payments by paypal only at this time due to leaving town soon.
Boss MT-2 with Monte Allums Mod-$70
Boss HF-2-$65
Boss HR-2-$145
Digitech Digiverb-$70
Digitech Hyperphase-$55
Behringer Ultra Octaver-$25
Electro Harmonix Microsynth(Analog Man TB, 1st reissue with hard wired power cord.)-$250

Looking for a Line 6 Verbzilla or interesting modulation stuff.

• Members

Fender Blues Jr. with BillM mods, upgraded tubes, and footswitch - $375 shipped

Well, I suppose you must be thinking: "Is this dude on crack? Why is he selling a Blues Jr for almost the new price?" Simple.

1. It's an older USA made one (not the newer MIM made ones).

2. It has the older green board. The newer cream boards are WAY too bright.

3. Most importantly--it's got all of the BillM mods professionally done by a tech at Daves Guitar. If you were to send the amp to Bill to do the mods, you'd be looking at $100+ bucks to do the mods plus shipping. These things are a bitch to work on, especially getting the circuit board out, so many techs refuse to work on them.

4. It's also got upgraded tubes (JJ 12AX7, Groove Tubes 12AX7, Philips 12AX7, and Fender/GT power tubes). I also got a generic footswitch for it that works fine. The LED doesn't work, but that's because it's not supposed to with this amp.

Anyway, the following BillM mods were done: Tonestack Kit, Reverb Kit, Bias (not the adjustable ones though), Presence/Bright switch/knob Kit.

In my opinion (and most Blues Jr. players) these mods are essential. In stock form, Blues Jr.'s tend to sound boxy. The older models (the green boards) were also a bit dark and had reverb hiss.

In comes the BillM mods. The Tonestack got rid of the boxiness and really opened up the tone of the amp. The reverb kit got rid of the hiss and made the reverb more natural and open sounding. The presence/bright switch/knob is dual acting: in the down position it's a presence knob that can be adjusted like any other knob but adjusts presence (not normall adjustable on this amp). In the up position, it's a bright switch that that can be controlled like any other pot. Finally, the Blues Jr.'s, for whatever reason, leave the factory running a bit hot; the bias mod brings down to a more acceptable level.

For more info, check out the following site:

http://home.comcast.net/~machrone/bjrinfo.htm

Anyway, the amp sounds beautiful with the mods. I'd put this up against any boutique amp out there now. Also, modded green boards are FAR better than current cream boards if for only one reason: with the mods, I can go from the normal darker tones of the green board to the bright tones of the cream board with the pull up of the bright switch; you can't do that with the cream boards and you can only get cream board sounds.

Anyway, functionally, it works perfectly. Cosmetically, it has a few small blemishes here and there, most of which are on the back. I'd give it a solid 8.0-8.5 overall. Check out the pics.

In case you know nothing about these, check out Fender's website for specs. It's basically a single channel 15 watt EL-84 tube amp.

http://www.fender.com/products/search.php?partno=0213205000

I honestly love this amp. However, I really don't use it. When playing out (at church), I've been using my PODxt. At home, I play my Gilmore Jr (I really don't play at home often) as it's a much quieter 1/2 watt (I live in an apartment). The Blues Jr. just sits around and collects dust. It has the most beautiful fat cleans I've ever heard; I've never been able to really crank it, so I can't comment objectively on the overdrive crunch. I'm honestly selling it to fund an acoustic guitar (BOO, BOO!!!:p) as I feel that it might be nice to have a decent one around especially in the summer time.

Stock Blues Jr.'s (including MIM ones) regularly go on ebay for $325-330 shipped or more. Considering the mods that were done, I feel that this is a real bargain at only $40-50 more. I'd personally NEVER own an unmodded Blues Jr.; they're kind of ho-hum in stock form. But with the mods, the amp REALLY shines.

Paypal is preferred. You must have a confirmed account, though. I'll also consider trades toward an acoustic guitar (plus or minus cash). Seagull guitars intrigue me quite a bit.

PM/Email if you're intersted or have any questions. I have more pics if you want them.

43889d88.jpg

FenderBluesJr.jpg

49398acb.jpg

5e81a884.jpg

91646b25.jpg

• Members

I have a Zvex Fuzz Factory Case, just the case,no guts except the original knobs and switchcraft jacks.It is dated 7/13/00,and is hand painted with a few minor blemishes.
I bought this off of a guy on eBay,and was going to rehouse a 5-knob fuzz I have,but the board is just a tad to big.So I'll offer it here for what I got in it. Sold!!!
Rehouse your Fuzz Factory in an old school case.Keep your new one,or your older more delicate casing from getting battered.

eBaystuff196.jpg

eBaystuff197.jpg ]

• Members

Here is a true Bypass looper/feedback loop/ AB box.

It has a few chips in the paint. I used it to true bypass the Polychorus and make it do even more crazy sounds feedback sounds, (warble warble). Sports a sexy aluminium knob.

• Members

TC Electronic Integrated Preamplifier pedal - $200 - A bit beat up but works perfect and sounds great, just not using it at the moment.

Subdecay Quasar Phaser - $150 - Mint - Great pedal, not being used.

No trades please, thanks!

• Members

Prices are shipped CONUS. Trades for interesting dirt/boost/fuzz or phaser.

Ampeg Scrambler RI - $150
Dan-Echo Delay - $50
Digitech Bad Monkey USA - $40
George Dennis Tremolo - $70
Ibanez AW-7 Autowah - $35
MI Audio Crunch Box - $95
Pharaoh Tone Engine - $65
Subdecay Stupid Box - $85

Dimarzio FRED - $30
Pair of humbuckers from an EB Musicman Sub1 - $30
Set of pickups from a Highway 1 Tele - $20

• Members

hi everbody!

Modified Boss TR-2 Tremolo
I installed an internal trim-pot to control volume; this rids the pedal of the volume-drop; it can also be set for a very healthy boost in volume if desired. Wish you bought a clean boost instead of a trem? Turn the "Depth" knob to zero and crank the internal trim pot. I also modded the pedal for a bit more presence as well as a faster rate (it now can be set to go pretty much as fast as is useable in a trem).
$65/shipped

Modified DOD YJM308 overdrive distortion
I modified this one to close to grey specs (I used a LM1458 IC instead of the grey's 741; much thanks to Analogman for his advice on doing this mod! www.analogman.com has some great info about options for this pedal). Sounds exactly like my early 80s yellow OD/Preamp 250, so it's redundant in my collection.
$55/shipped

Ibanez DE-7 Delay/Echo
I have had no footswitch issues with this one at all; did Ibanez correct that problem in later DE7 pedals?
$50/shipped

Gibson P-94T bridge pickup, black/chrome
Humbucker-sized P-90
$55/shipped

GFS Dream 180 neck pickup, black
$25/shipped

Will sell everything above for $220/shipped

Weber Blue Dog Ceramic 8ohm 50 watt 12" speaker
$85/shipped

Thanks!

Archived